Chapter 13 - Little revenge

Weapons do not cleave the soul, fire does not burn it, waters do not wet it, and wind does not dry it.

- Geeta Shlok

After waiting for a moment Krishna decided to join others for dinner. Subhadra andSatyabhama reached the dining hall to be welcomed by the stiff atmosphere. The tension inthe air was thick as slices. Angraj and the crown prince of Panchal were sitting at both sides ofhis elder brothers trying to finish the dinner as soon as possible. Revati and other Krishna'swives are busy serving. The chief queen was trying to feed the kids with Abhimanyu inher lap, while on one side the three young borns of Panchal princess and on another sidethere was a boy whom she recognized as Saamb, Prativindhya, and Suttosam who were happilychatting with Bhanu.

The crown prince of Panchal was shooting glares at the mighty king ofAnga who seem unfazed by this focus on his plate. Lord Balram was uncomfortable sittingbetween the two. After a few moments YAdav princess stepped in the hall making Dhristdyumna looked at her briefly for a moment. Shecan feel the swirling of questions in his eyes keeping him on edge. She nodded her head inhis direction indicating that she understands his situation and will fill him later on. After herquiet conversation, the Yadav princess realizes her sister-in-law Satyabhama went to assisther elder sister-in-law in feeding the kids and to know her best friend's children a little more.She went towards Saamb picking him up and placing him in her lap and started feeding andtalking to him. The kid took an instant liking to his aunt. After all, the new faces, especiallykids who were getting a lot of attention, made him insecure. He was always angry with hisfather and others for putting the needs of others above him. He always believed that the royals ofDwarka treated him and his mother unfairly. Apart from his mother and the chief queen ofDwarka, he wasn't much close to anybody else. But today this new lady, his aunt, made himlower his walls and made an instant place in his life.

He asked her various questionsregarding her life, Abhimanyu, and his father. He sympathizes with the little Abhimanyu. Hefelt both their stories are somewhat similar as their father put others above him. Subhadratold him stories about Pandavas and Draupadi being away from their kids due to someurgent matters without realizing that her words are interpreted completely differently by thislittle boy. Saamb formed a theory that his aunt and cousin are left behind due to the parentsof the other five kids. This theory made him love his aunt and his cousin but he took aninstant dislike towards the other five. Krishna who joined shortly looked at all the variousscenes unfolding in front of him. One side the forming anger of one fire born, the blossominglove between the kids and his queens, the budding love and hate at the same time in his sontowards the new guests, the discomfort of his brother and Angraj. He muttered slowly "seemslike the upcoming is going to be more complicated than expected".

The dinner somehowwent peacefully and everyone breathed a sigh of relief once it got over. The elders andAngraj left calling off for the night. The yadav princess and other queens took the kids to tuck them inbed. The only person left were the two Yadav brothers along with the two eldestdaughters-in-law and the crown prince of Panchal. Somehow Dau was not mad about hisdecision as he knew Krishna won't take such a big step without any reason. Placating thefirstborn was tough but the charming words of Dwarkadheesh never failed. After thisconversation, Dhristdyumna left to check on his nephews before sleeping. After a briefconversation with the Yadav prince, he decided to trust Krishna on this matter. He left tobed, thanking them softly for having his back in this tough time. He felt a familiar admiration forboth this bewitching brother and sister. Dau and Queen Revati too left for bed. Krishna sighstiredly muttering "today was eventful. I guess reasoning with elders is worse than reasoningwith kids." His eyes fell on his chief queen who was the only one left in the room. A small smile formed onhis perfect lips. She was the woman who made his admiration grew every day without eventrying. Before he makes his way towards her, someone held his hand taking him bysurprise. He turned to find his second queen looking at him with a beautiful smile."I was waiting for you in my room and you are here. You forgot whenever you return after solong you spend the time with me before others. You have to tell me all the adventures of thistime. Also, why are you still here? Everyone left so at whom you are smiling?"She turned to look in the direction he was looking moments ago only to find his beloved chiefqueen immersed in her work of instructing maids about the last set of chores.