Chapter 3 - Appalling

For him who has conquered the mind, the mind is best of friends; but for one who has failed to do so, his mind will remain the greatest enemy

                                       - Geeta Shlok

"Bhrata Dhristadyumna! Draupadi jiji returned alone from Hastinapur She is injured very badly and has locked herself in her room"

Colour drained from the face of the Crown prince of Panchal.

The only things that were swirling in his minds were .. returned alone.. injured.. locked room.
What happened in Hastinapur that his sister returned alone that to injured..

Without replying or asking anything to the Yadavkanya before him he rushed towards the chambers of his sister.

He started banging the closed doors shouted "Draupadi open the door! what happened? How did you get injured? Open the door dammit please sister what happened?? On receiving no answer he started pushing the doors with all his might but it was of no use.

While the fire born was banging the door Subhadra joined and started yelling for her sister in a teary and fearful voice "Jiji please open the door, you're bleeding let me come inside"

Both the people outside the chambers shared a worried and helpless look

"We have no other choice than to wait for Arya and his brothers to return" said Subhardra facing the crown prince who was scared to death for the first time in his life.

"I'll go to Hastinapur" replied the fire born whose eyes sparkled with anger and pain "Let me find out what exactly happened there"

"No bhrata.. please stay here.. we'll get to know everything anyways but if you leave I'll become here with Jiji. There's Shrutkarma also, Shrutkarma! where's he oh god I forgot about him" said Subhardra in a panicked tone tears rolling down her beautiful face ruining the kajal which was set on her angelic eyes.

Listening to this Dhristadyumn controlling his urge to go to Hasinapur said "You go behan Subhadra and see the kid I'm here"

Subhadra ran down the corridor in search of the kid who apparently sliped away to avoid the milk unknown to the fact that his mother will not come this time to coax him to drink the milk.

Dhritadyumna was going through so many emotions at once standing outside the chambers of his sister. He can gauge the situation to be so grave that made his sister to retun back so abruptly and moreover his concern increased by numerous folds at the description Subhadra gave him. It was not an accident for sure because if it was then atleast one Pandava would accompany his sister back. Then what happened? Dhristadyumn hated being clueless he needed answers and the people that can give his answers are The Pandavs and his sister, the pandavas are not present while his sister locked herself. He was on the verge of shrieking and pulling his hair in frustation but decided against it. He tried once again to compel his sister to open the door but his effort went in vain.

On the other hand Subhadra found Shrutkarma under a deewan in his room hiding. That kid saw the crestfallen woman infront of him with unshed tears and decided to behave as an obidient kid and said in an innocent tone "Maa I'll drink the milk you don't cry"

Subhadra's eyes brimed with fresh hot tears at the innocent kid and overwhelmed with emotions she brought the kid into a warm embrace and pecked his forehead mentally promising him that her arms will always be open to comfort him and his brothers anytime and anywhere.

Unknowingly the Princess of Dwaraka and the beloved wife of Gandivdhari made a promise that will ensure the kids of the fire born are not deprived of the motherly love in the near future in the hands of the game played by the wicked king of Gandhar.

Shrutakarma snuggled into his mother to get comfort or to comfort her is a mystry but that one embrace brought momentary peace to both of them. Subhadra patted her little boy's head and cooed him to sleep. After making sure the kid is asleep she tucked him under covers and ordered a daasi to look after the sleeping prince and left the chamber.

Subhadra was heading towards the chambers of her sister when a daasi came rushing towards her informing her the arrival of the Pandavas. Subhadra hastened her steps towards the door of the palace came face to face with a horrendous scene of her husband and her brother in laws on horses without any jwells and swollen faces with tear tracks visible. Subhadra felt faint but gathered herself and rushed towards her husband and without any preamble started saying in a worried voice "Aryaa what happened in Hastinapur? Why did Jiji come home like.. like that? Moreover she's locked herself and is not opening the door there's no sound too, I'm scared Arya do something"

The Pandavas who were with lowered eyes looked up with wide eyes and each other's faces and rushed inside towards their wife's chamber to see a worried and panicked Dhristadyumna pacing infront of the closed doors.

Dhristadyumn wanted to bombard his brother in laws with questions as soon as his eyes fell upon the Pandavs but they averted their gazes and started the job that he and Subhadra were doing before, i.e, banging the doors and calling Panchali to open the doors.

After futile efforts the Pandavs were standing with slumped shoulders and searching each other's faces for a solution, Nakul finally spoke with a sigh "It's impossible for us to open the door without Panchali's will"

"Nakul is right but if there's a person who can make Panchali open the door is Madhav" said Arjun the great warrior who was for the first time standing with his shoulders dropped gazing at the floor.

It was a known fact to everyone present there but they were ashamed to call upon Vasudev after the wretched sabha.

But out there in a road was a chariot moving at full speed towards the palace of Indraprasth. The person riding the charriot was devoid of the serene smile he usually has instead it was replaced by a solemn expression and a blank look. His Yellow angvastra and peacock feather in his crown were swaying in the air as usual but in a ferocious way.

================================

Hey guys! We hope you all are doing well

How was the chapter? Did you liked it?

What was your favorite part?

Do vote and comment!

Until then...

Stay safe! Stay happy! TATA