Chapter 8 - Change

Death is certain for the born, and re-birth is certain for the dead; therefore you should not feel grief for what is inevitable.

-Gita Shlok

The figure of mighty Pandavas and their common started fading, in the end, they disappeared from the sight of people left behind. Everyone is too heartbroken to speak or talk. They rushed back inside lost in their world preparing themselves to deal with this changed dynamics and its consequences. Dhri took the kids with him to get them ready before taking them to Panchal with him. Krishna picked Abhi and goes to his chamber to take his last belongings. Subhadra stood there looking in the direction where her husband disappeared a while ago. Hope is something that stayed when everything else just left leaving us darkness. She too has a hope that he may return to take her with him. After all, he promised her the companionship till forever. He remembered the special vow he made at the wedding in front of both their families and the whole Dwarka.

"I Panduputra Arjun promise to be with you holding your hands in every high and low, joy and sorrow; No matter what I will be your side. Nothing can break us apart. I will never let you go far away from me in any situation. We will always remain with each other."

She sat down with a thus laughing bitterly when her dam of tears broke down. The workers and soldiers cried at this state of her always smiling princess. She doesn't remember how long she remained in that devastated state before her brother holds her in his embrace and picked her.

"Bhadre, calm down everything would be alright with time. "Krishna cooed holding his Yogmaya close to his heart to console her and their wounded heart. He always knew that this moment will follow but still let it happen as he can't interfere in the course of destiny. Knowing everything beforehand and won't be able to do anything is the worst kind of pain and helplessness.

"Really brother everything would be alright. Are you hearing yourself? Nothing would be alright ever now, you and I, we both are completely aware of this harsh truth Yes they will return and we will get everything whether it is avenging of Panchali jiji's honor or justice but it will never turn everything into alright. These 13 years of pain, loneliness, and separation and never be fulfilled by any victory of the crown. I would never be the woman I used to be. So brother I beg kindly never say that everything would be alright ever again." The broken woman replied furiously wiping her tears. She got up determined knowing what she has to do next. Krishna was stunned at the sudden transformation of her from ice to fire. He followed her quietly to balance things because he knows right now if anything crosses the path with her will be doomed.

"Pratima summons everyone now in the hall I have to talk to them."She ordered her handmaid in her authoritative tone surprising her. She nodded quietly before leaving to fulfill her order.

"You all are working here for us but since now we won't be here anymore I want all of you to keep working still. I know this palace is now under Hastinapur. They will soon come to take their control so follow their order without rebelling. It would be tough but best for survival. No one will be here to protect all of you and you all have a family to look after for. So just keep doing your work. Your emperor will be back after 13 years and then you all will be free from your miseries. Just keep praying for them." She folded her hand-finishing her parting words to the loyal workers of the palace.

Meanwhile, Dhri was having a hard time persuading the kids to have their lunch and get ready. No one is ready to go to Panchal with him. While 2 of them are unaware of the situation and 2 are adamant about not going with him and the eldest of them is sitting quietly. His eyes are fixed on the door seems like he is waiting for someone's arrival. Dhri mistook that he is looking for the Pandavas or Panchali to return so he tried to convince him to have his lunch. The kids didn't budge at all made him sigh in defeat. Winning a battle against an enemy is rather easy than persuading an adamant kid. He failed to understand that what are the kids waiting for? Why they aren't listening to all of him? Suddenly he felt surprised that kids sat obediently in a row acting all innocent and naïve while their eyes are lit with happiness and satisfaction. Before he can enquire further a melodious sound of anklets and bangles fell in his ears.

He doesn't have to even turn to know the person arriving. Now he understood why all the kids are feigning all the innocence. His lips tugged a little upward at the attempt of kids to impress their mother but dropped thinking how will they take care of them in Panchal. More than their mother they can't live without their aunt. He was contemplating when all kids squealed in joy and almost jumped on their Choti ma. He has to back up to prevent them from falling. The youngest princess of Dwarka laughed at the display of the kid's affection towards her. All the 5 kids hugged her nagging her to attend them first.

While very unusual in his behavior the eldest uppandav is stick to his choti ma like a koala bear not ready to let her go away from the line of his sight. Clutching the hem of her pallu he is following her in the whole room while all the five are surrounding her. It doesn't take long for Dhri to decode their behavior. They are scared to lose her also after their parent, that's why they aren't ready to leave her. Mother is the pillar of strength and the symbol of hope for a kid and this place is occupied by the Dwarka princess in his nephew's life. He was in a constant battle with him one side he promised his sister that he will take them to Panchal another side he doesn't want these innocent souls to suffer deprived of the mother's affection. He saw how affectionately they are looking at her when she is feeding and sweet-talking them. He was busy finding a solution from the ongoing battle of his heart and mind when the plea of kids fell in his ears.

"Choti ma we don't want to go. We won't live without you. Please don't send us. Only you can stop uncle Dhri from taking us. We promise we will never disobey you. We will do whatever you say and become good kids. Please Choti ma, don't send us away from you." They are crying badly clutching their Choti ma as their life depends on her. This scene broke the other fireborn heart. Before he reacted he heard the youngest princess announcing that the kids will come to Dwarka with her.

"My kids will come with me to Dwarka. I won't leave them behind at all."

"But what about the promise we made to Drau. I promised my sister that I would take them with myself so do you promised to let them go."

"I never promised her yes I accepted her words that moment but never promised her that I will let them go. A mother is breaking the words of a sister. I won't leave my kids behind to suffer alone. Nothing can change my decision."

"But"

"Why don't you also join us with kids? I will send a letter to Panchal once we will reach Dwarka. I am sure Maharaja Drupad won't have any problem with this decision of mine." Krishna announced interrupting the debate between the both.

"Alright if you are proposing this then I am sure father will accept it for sure."

"Fine as much as I guess the representative of Hastinapur will reach either tonight or tomorrow morning to take the palace and authority under themselves. I want us to leave the Indraprasth border before they enter. It's almost noon now so we should hurry. Collect whatever you want to take with us and get ready. We will leave till afternoon." Subhadra announced patting the heads of the kids ordering the maids to get them ready and pack their belongings prepare them completely.

While Dhri and maids nodded at her orders Krishna just painfully smiled at the irony. His sister is finally finding her strength and solace in the kids unaware of the upcoming completely. Subhadra gets confused watching her brother smiling mysteriously. She can feel the pain behind his smile but she can't point the reason behind it. She shakes her head leaving everything in the future to unfold at the right time. She looked at the kids gesturing them to get ready and left the room to search the part of her soul her little son Abhimanyu.

================================

Hey guys! We hope all of you are doing well

How was the chapter? Did you liked it?

What was your favorite part?

Do vote and comment!

Until then...

Stay safe! Stay happy! TATA