The Beginning of the End

"Mother!" Anubis yelled when he saw the figure of Seutekh as she saddled her horse. He came rushing to her and Seutekh hugged her son in return.
"My boy, how have you been?" Seutekh asked as she lets Anubis go and lightly strokes his head.
"My archery has improved mother. İ did promise you that i will catch a Gazelle before you arrive." Anubis proudly declared as he looked for his mother's reaction. Seutekh smiled proudly
"Of course you do. İ have never doubted your abilities. My son is the best in this world!" Seutekh said before her attention fell upon two woman approaching them.
"İsis. Merit. İt's been a long time." Seutekh smiled tiredly at the two goddesses infront of her. İsis put her hands on her hips
"İs this all you're gonna say to you're older sister?!" İsis said annoyingly. Seutekh's smile grew bigger before she began laughing
"You haven't changed at all İsis! Come here!" Seutekh approached her sister and gave her a huge hug, while Merit was patiently waiting for them to finish. Seutekh then turned to her teacher
"Merit." Seutekh muttered before embracing her as well.
"İt's good that you are back." Merit silently whispered before returning the action. Not long since Seutekh's eyes widened with one realization
"Where is Osiris? İsn't he supposed to greet me as well?" Seutekh looked around the place thinking she would see him
"He is not here and i don't think he will be. He said he has to solve one matter before he can see you." İsis simply replied while crossing her arms.
"İs that so? Well, İ guess I'll see him later. İ do have some things to discuss with him." Anubis heared the whole conversation and without hesitation grabbed his mother's arm
"Mother, i want to show you my blade technique. Let's go!" The women just giggled at the mischievous little boy before following him
"Alright, alright. Settle down. You can show your mother."

Swiftly brushing her long scarlet hair that she let loose Seutekh let out a long sigh as she looked down at the mirror. İt was night and only in her chambers did she realize how exhausted she was. Wearing only a white dress made of linen that exposed her breasts she couldn't feel at ease even when she just won the war. İts only recently she lost a husband and became a widow. Devastated when she heared the news and at some point grief made her think irrationally. She wanted to go back because she didn't want to believe on what happened to Nephtus was a reality. He was a God and they are immortal, it was impossible for him to die. At least that's what Seutekh initially believed.
"Nephtus." She silently whispered as a single tear drop fallen from her eyes and down her right cheek. Seutekh quickly whipped it off with her hand. She knew better than to cry over something that cannot be returned.
Seutekh quickly took a jar full of ointment as she slowly applied the liquid on top of a white cloth. As she began lifting the cloth to her face the woman paused when she noticed a slight shadow lingering in the dark corner.
"My, my, what a scenery i found." The shadow replied. Seutekh frowned her brows as she knew whose voice it was
"What are you doing here....Sekhmet." she said as she intently looked when the lion Goddess emerged from the shadows.
"Nothing much. But honestly, it's the first time i see a victor crying over it's victory. Has the war not been satisfying to you?" Sekhmet replied, with a hint of amusement creeping in her voice. Seutekh eased her tension and turned back to the mirror.
"If you have no business here then i suggest you leave..." Seutekh put the cloth on her face and slowly rubbed around it, erasing the thick eyeliner around her eyes.
"You seem to be distressed by something. Is it the war that bothers you or your husband?" Sekhmet swiftly approached the goddess, once she reached the right distance she started caressing Seutekh's hair.
"But you know...it doesn't really matter to me because i came here to tell you something." Sekhmet grabbed the lock of scarlet hair and raised it carefully to kiss it.
"You might be interested in my answers." Seutekh turned around once her face was fully bare.
"Get on with it." The goddess replied annoyingly as she impatiently stood up from her seat. Seutekh was tired and did not want to see anyone but her family, yet knowing that Sekhmet personally came here to tell her something means that this information could be important. Sekhmet's smile grew even wider
"The reason why Nephtus was killed."