The King's Fall

"What?!..." Seutekh replied as if dumbfounded of what she has heard. She grabbed Sekhmet's arm aggressively
"What you mean he was killed?!!! By who?!" The goddess couldn't believe what she was hearing. Who could have enough power to kill a god, especially so gruesomely. Unless....

*THUD*

Suddenly, a loud eco of noise came from the side of the entrance. Startled, Seutekh turned her attention towards the source of the noise and spotted Merit, standing there, looking weirdly shaken by the sight. The dish in her hand had slipped from her hands, which in turn created such noise. Sekhmet upon seeing her reaction smiled even wider.
"What a perfect timing here. I'm sure Merit would be delighted to tell that it was she and Osiris who took part on slaughtering your beloved Nephtus."
Seutekh couldn't believe what she was hearing.
"Merit, what is happening here? What is she saying?!" Merit started shaking uncontrollably and her eyes was now filled with tears
"I.... I...." she stuttered, unable to give a response. Seutekh felt dread creeping into her body. She wouldn't have believed Sekhmet the slightest if it wasn't for Merit's reaction. She swiftly approached Merit and grabbed tightly on both of her shoulders
"TELL ME THIS ISN'T THE TRUTH! WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE?!" Seutekh yelled feeling anger rising within her voice.
"I-I-Im sorry....I had no choice..."
Merit's tears stared flowing uncontrollably, she wasn't in the state to answer anything. Seutekh clenched her jaw and let's go of Merit. Without a word she forms a Khopesh from the sand and with it she marches out of the room. Realizing on where she is going, Merit tries to stop her
"Seutekh! Please don't go there.... SEUTEKH!" Merit reaches her hand, but was unable to get hold of her as her body was weak from the feeling of regret and guilt. All the while Sekhmet still holds that amusing smirk in her face.

"OSIRIS!!!" Seutekh called out to her brother as she spotted him sitting in the chair so calmly.
"You are finally here, Seutekh." The god said nonchalantly as if the rage in Seutekh's voice didn't bother him at all. That in turn made her even more pissed off. She banged the the side of the table with her fist, creating a mass hole in it.
"I came from the war Osiris! And the first thing I hear is you getting accused of murdering you're own brother!!!? Just what in the world happened here!" Osiris was silent for a moment before placing his cup down and landing his gaze on the goddess beside him.
"Sit down and i will explain everything." Seutekh widened her eyes in disbelief. He is being accused of kinslaying and he is so calm about it, as if it's nothing serioues. But non the less she sat down. Seutekh knew her brother, so for now she obeyed.
"Answer me. Did you kill Nephtus?" She asked him while her body tensed, she hoped it wasn't the truth.
"Yes, I did." He said calmly. Seutekh was horrified on what she is hearing. Just as quickly she stood up and raised her Khopesh in front of the god of life.
"Why would you that?! He was you're brother, your flesh and blood!!!" The goddess' hand started shaking, she just couldn't wrap her head around this. None of this made sense and she was in a brink of tears by this point.
Osiris, as calm as he is sighed by the ordeal. He understood Seutekh and why she reacted like she did. But she doesn't know the whole story
"I killed him because he asked me to. Guilt was eating him until his last breath. It was the only mercy I could have given to him." Seutekh saw that he was telling the truth. But the only reason she didn't attack him is because of a hint of grief his eyes expressed. She slowly placed her weapon on the table and sat back down onto her chair. Her right hand supporting her forehead
"Why did he want to kill himself? He....he looked so happy before so why....." She tries to suppress her tears so hard right now. None of this made sense. He was fine before, so why would he do it. Osiris could not do anything to comfort her so he poured her a drink instead
"A long time ago he asked me for something. He said he wanted a child, but since neither of you couldn't conceive any, he wanted my help. But it was you who wanted a son the most, isn't it? " Seutekh looked back at him
"I know that the problem is with me. So I-"
"So you asked Merit if she can be your child's mother by blood. But Nephtus couldn't have imagined on laying with another woman, so he asked me if I can do it for him." Osiris interrupted.
"What?" Seutekh was startled by the answer.
"So Anubis was you're son all along?! Does Isis know about this?!" She asked him as her hand clenched into a fist.
"Me and Merit are responsible for Anubis' existence. But there wasn't any physical contact between us. All i did was transfer my semen inside her stomach." Osiris explained as he sipped his drink. At this point Seutekh grew tired by all this information and placed both of her hands into her face.
"But even so. Why didn't he tell me about this before..." Osiris slid the cup of wine into her direction.
"Nephtus knew that you wanted his child. However, he wanted to stay loyal to you and told me to keep it a secret. He thought it was the only way you could've accepted Anubis, if he was at least his son." Seutekh silently grabbed the cup and took huge gulps before placing it on the table. Various emotions were dwelling in her mind, but most of all, she felt absolute betrayal. She doesn't understand why Nephtus didn't see her as his wife, his equal, to even tell her the truth. She loves Anubis sincerely, but it doesn't change the fact that his existence was based on a lie. The fact that he did not sleep with Merit didn't make the situation any better.
"I understand his lie and his actions. But was this enough on wanting himself dead?" Seutekh asked as she took another gulp of a bitter sweet wine. Osiris was silent for a brief time as he stared at her, drinking the wine.
"Aside from that, aren't you a bit curious?" Seutekh looked a bit confused.
"Didn't I tell you that we made deal? If I gave him a child, shouldn't i get something in return?" The goddess suddenly felt dizzy and vision became foggy, she tried blinking but it was no use.
"What... What is....." She tried to stand up, but she collapsed instead. Her body did not listen to her.