Return

"Thank you for visiting my humble cottage Rishi.. I'm honoured!"

"The pleasure is all mine! Ram,Lakshman come now. We have to get back to the ashram. It's been weeks!!"

The two siblings quickly muttered a "Yes Gurudev" And they bid farewell after taking the Rishi's blessings.

Ram couldn't help but wonder what was happening. He missed his brothers dearly and was thrilled to go back. He caught hold of his Lakshman's hand, who was still looking apologetic and they left. As usual they stopped at night and lit a little fireplace and moved on at the brink of dawn.

The duo and their master finally halted when they could make out a little shilloute of the ashram. The two princes of Ayodhya, after chivalrously seeking their Guru's permission left to greet their brothers who maybe had no clue about Lakshman's fareings.

"Bharat? Shatrugan??"

Two young boys ran and stopped on seeing the duo. While the seemingly younger brother ran and hugged both his elder brothers, the taller, milky-white brother, concealing all his worry and tears of separation. He bowed to the eldest Raghu prince as formally as possible and straight out neglected the dashing young lad, with a golden tinge.

"I missed you so much Baiyya. I can't believe you left without telling us!",Shatrugan said flexing his brows to imitate an expression of anger. Lakshman, feeling downright disgusted at himself, hugged and threw himself upon his twin. He stretched his hands to hug Bharat baiyya but, he just left. Lakshman blaming himself for everything, as usual, had his guilt reached to the brim and let out a low disappointed sigh at himself, while the other two set out to chase Bharat.

He sat there in the hut rubbing his eyes, silence being his only company.

Bharat felt a warm hand on his shoulder. He looked up and upon seeing Ram baiyya, got up.

"I know what Lakshman did was not right Bharat but, please don't just ignore him. In fact punish him if you like... just don't let him bury his guilt and let it harm himself later on..."

Bharat nodded, obediently. "I'm so sorry baiyya. It's just that we were so worried for him and things happened. We did not know how or where he was. When I saw him, I should have hugged him and just let it go.", he said in his cute puppy eyes, clasping Shatrugan who some how got a little emotional.

"Lakshman, I-"

"I'm sorry Bharat baiyya. I just- I couldn't have helped it and-"
Bharat stopped him midway and hugged him, half squeezing him.

"Are you going to punish him, Bharat?"

"Well, at first I thought no but there is something.."

The other three looked at him inquisitively when sudden Ram baiyya saw something.

"Are-are those scars Bharat?! You have so many of them! How did you get them?? And what happed when I was not around?", he asked making a worried expression.

Flashback:

Note: Hey there! First up, thank you for waiting for the stories for so long. I know I haven't done any justice to you. But, I'm leaving Wattpad by tomorrow.. and I don't think I'll be coming back 😔... I'm so sorry and.. I'll definitely miss y'all. If anyone is interested, they can continue ANY of my stories as per their wish.. thank for being with me the whole journey and Goodbye 👋 😭