Tedious tests part 2

"So what is the deadliest thing that can affect a man?",Gurudev questioned.

"Diseases."

"No"

"Death."

"The soul never dies, Niraj."

"Poverty. If there is no poverty then everyone would be happy."
Gurudev simply nodded his head.

"Gurudev, it's desires. Desires will change people so drastically that they forget who they were. It makes them do things they had never even thought of. It distracts ever the most pious of men and makes them go corrupt."

"Brilliant. Ram, you have proved to be far ahead of your class. Now I want someone else to answer. How do you not fall under desires's play?"

"Desire is but a attribute Of Maya. And to not fall under its trap, we have to have Self control.", his student Bharat said.

Gurudev smiled. Good he knew it. He needs it for what is awaiting in the future for his.

"Right. Your classes are over for the day. You may leave. All of you except Ram."

As the whole class prepared to go, Ram stood up and waited. His brothers were in no mood to go but obeyed.

"Ram."

"Gurudev?"

"I am going to visit Rishi Valmiki. I need you to come with me."

"As you say, sir" and bowed and left to get ready.

He was welcomed by his brothers jumping on him. It looked as if they were about to fight for something-

"Ram baiyya! Come let's play for sometime."

"Sorry Shatrugan. I can't Gurudev said that I have to accompany him to visit Rishi Valmiki."

He could see their faces drop. He looked at Lakshman who was short of tears and ruffled his hair.
"Lakshman look, I know I know listen to Gurudev. Surely we can't say disobey?"

He sniffed and the sons of Sumitra just gripped baiyya tight.

Ram's eyes feel on Bharat who just stood on a corner sad. He just nodded his head and gave the 'I understand' look.

With a sigh he left and the three brothers bowed to him and said their farewell.

"Bharat, with Ram not here, you have to take care of your brothers and the ashram." He nodded.  After Gurudev and Ram baiyya had left, he ran to check on his brothers. Lakshman and Shatrughan both just sat there, their expressions blank.

Lakshman sighed. He knew he had to listen to baiyya and Gurudev but.. but how could he leave his brother? He bit his lip. He just thought of something. It was stupid but anything was better than staying without his dear elder brother.

Ps:what did Lakshman think of? Any guesses? Please let it out in the reply section :)

thank you for reading and have a lovely day ahead!