Ahi Mahi

"Whe- Where am I ?", he said looking around. The place seemed so strange to him. How on earth did he get here?
"Hahahha... you, boy are in Pathal lok. Soon your soul shall be in heaven..", a weird looking man appeared laughing to himself. Bharat got confused.
"We are going to kill you and offer you as sacrifice."
"Ahi.. where are you? Don't keep the deity waiting.."
_____________________________
"Ram, you don't know how much you mean to me, child. Please come in Sage."

"Sir, if you don't mind, can I please see what you are writing?"

"Lakshman, Ram, I'm writing your story."

"But why our story, Rishi?! We are just commoners.."

"Never underestimate yourself Ram. Both you and I know it.. you are here for a divine one cause"

Ram baiyya was busy enchanted. By the woods. The peace. The tranquility. "It's so beautiful here."

"It's a starange king of happiness. It's contentment Ram. A bliss very few get to see..."

"It's almost dusk now. Please come in and refresh your self."

Rishi Valmiki was just mesmerised. The lord whose name he had been chanting every second of his life, on whom his whole life was dedicated to, whom he had been praying to see was here!!! He had tears of joy.
________________________________

"Didi.. didi I heard that Rishi Baradaaj is coming. Father was talking to him in the court and he agreed to teach us!"

Sita didi's eyes glinted. "I can't wait", she mouthed.

"But I bet you won't be able to get your animals there didi. And your paints Urmila didi.."
They laughed.

"No. Of course not. Because we are studying in the palace itself.", Urmila said. "And look at my Mandvi didi. Reading as if we were not there it all. Don't worry Man didi, Rishi is not going to put exams as soon as we meet him!"

"She is worried that Sita didi is smarter than her, obviously!"

Mandvi rolled her eyes and without saying a word, continued.
_______________________________
Shatrugan sat under one of the Oak trees. He gazed at the sky and whispered a silent prayer. He looked around him and realised he had been sitting here for 3 hours. Alone. And desolate.

"Bharat baiyya! You?!", his eyes were searching for answers from his baiyya. He could vaguely make out his shilloute in the dark. The image approached closer.

"Shatrugan! Are those tears?!"

"What else will there be when I am alone here and without any news, when I assumed two of my brothers are missing?! DONT EVER GO LIKE THAT, BAIYYA", he said sobbing. The firm hands held him. It was... different. The hug his baiyya had offered was cold, unlike his warm cuddly ones which would immediately put him to ease. He pulled him over somewhere.

"So baiyya, where is Lakshman baiyya?"

He did not get any reply. Shatrugan froze within him. What was happening? Baiyya put something over his face and-

He had completely blacked out. He still felt a little dizzy and everything appeared blur but, he shook his head. "Bharat baiyya! Where have you got us?!"

"I'm sorry Shatrugan but I did not get you here! Those monsters. It's Ahi.. and someone else. They were searching for two people for their Bali. And.. found us. We are in Pathal lok, I think."

"But you met me and hugged me and asked why I'm crying and.."

"No.. I have been here the whole day! Maybe they used Maya yo get you here. Please, Shatrugan Why would I do it? Wait, did you wander in the forest?"

"Not deep but, I just came there I sat under a tree."

The door opened.

"There Mahi.. All ready. The kids are there tied up. Now get ready for the sacrifice. Hurry.Soon we shall be immortal. Hahahah!"