Chapter Six: Unable to Sleep(Part II)

Author's Note: This chapter is the same as the chapter from before, only this focuses on Adrien/Alucard's side. Also to reassure you(even though you probably already knew), this does not take place in the episodes where Taka and Sumi betrayed Alucard.
___________________________________

Alucard

For seemingly endless hours, I have been tossing and turning. My eyes just refused to keep close for me to even try sleeping. I don't even know why I can not get to sleep.

" Why won't you sleep, you damned idiot?", I asked myself. I sighed out of self-annoyance and irritation.

"Was it the bed making me uncomfortable?", I wondered," If so, has it been because I have gotten used to sleeping in a coffin for so long before all this?"

I continued to toss and turn, desperate to get comfortable enough to shut my eyes and sleep.

Not long after that, I hear footsteps pacing past my door. I ignored it, thinking that it was just my imagination. I tried to sleep again but still failed. I got off my bed and decided to occupy myself with a book by my unlit fireplace.

After a short while, I heard footsteps pass by my door again. Instead of shrugging it off and ignoring it, I decided to see who or what it was this time. That was after I set my book aside and got my pants on since I didn't want too much exposure like my first encounter with Trevor.

I walked to the door and opened it. I turned my head to the right where I heard the footsteps and saw the back of someone with long, wavy dark auburn hair wearing what appears to be a maroon-colored robe that looked almost like my mother's when she lived here and was still alive.

My first thought was that it was Cristine, but I had to be sure it was her. I quickly but quietly paced behind the red-headed figure until I grabbed her shoulder. She gasped in a way that made it sound like she would have shrieked.

When she turned, my thoughts were correct on it being Cristine. She placed a hand on her chest and took a breath." You scared me.", she said with her lips almost forming a smile.

" I apologize for doing so.", I told her while smiling back," I was just wondering who was wandering the halls.". Almost half of her long auburn hair draped over her shoulder, and the maroon robe and white nightgown she had on exposed a bit of her chest while looking tight and comfortable at the same time. Rather than being a little upset that she wore my mother's robe, I couldn't help but find her rather adorable in it.

" You had trouble sleeping too, didn't you?", she asked. I probably looked like a bit of a mess to her for her to ask me that, or maybe because how I am still awake at this time when I should be sleeping, or probably both of those things.

I shrugged my shoulders a little as I casually said while smiling," How did you guess?". She didn't respond to that. I never meant it in a sarcastic sense, even though that's how people would usually use that phrase, or so I was told.

" What kept you unable to sleep on a lovely night like this?", I asked her out of curiosity.

" I-", she began but stopped for some strange or upsetting reason, and when her smile disappeared. My expression softened into a slightly more concerned one, thinking it was something upsetting. I waited for her to finish.

"I dreamt of my mother.", she answered with a sad expression," Before the Church had come and before my sister had left.". I began to feel bad for asking since she didn't seem happy mentioning it. Part of her was still grieving.

"Oh...", I responded, not wanting to be silent," Was it a good dream?". I didn't know why I asked, but I couldn't help it.

Part of me wanted to help her heal whatever was hurting her in any way. I didn't even know why since we had only known each other for almost a month now.