Chapter Fourteen: A Blood Bath Part II

Author's Note: This starts slightly after the priests' attack from the other chapter.

___________________________________

Alucard

Throughout the trip and as I got to know some of the people of Denasti, Cristine had still been on my mind the most. Oh, how much I missed the red-headed beauty. How she would feel against my body as we held each other, the sound of her laughter, the smile she would give to me each day we were together, her soft voice whenever she soothed me whenever I felt troubled. I yearned for her presence again, her voice, and her smile. God, how much I miss her beautiful smile, especially whenever she greeted me.

I practically in agony without her near, but the thought of her was kept me hopeful. Once I saw that the castle was near, I couldn't help but smile at the sight.

" You seem oddly happy.", I heard someone close to me say. My happy thoughts were gone after that. I turned to the person and realized it was Greta.

" Hm? Oh, you caught me smiling.", I stated then turned my head forward.

" I know, that's how I guessed.", she responded," Care to tell me about that?".

" I was just thinking about how Cristine would often greet me.", I answered her truthfully. I smiled again when I mentioned it, the thought had returned to my mind. I just couldn't help myself.

" Just her greeting or more?", I hear her pressuring me. Just from hearing her speak in a curious but intrigued tone, I could that she was grinning. I had plenty of ideas on what she meant by that. I chuckled in response, both finding it humorous and a tad embarrassing.

" I think of plenty of things when it comes to her. But I do wish to keep those thoughts to myself.", I told her.

I glanced at her for a moment. She was shrugging her shoulders as if to say "Oh well". But as she did that she said," Suit yourself, your embarrassed amusement was fun while it lasted.".

I made a small chuckle after her response.

Not long after, we then stopped when the castle was near. I looked at the villagers as they observed the place. I looked up at it, thinking that my beloved was still asleep due to how early it was.

The strange man I met earlier called Saint Germain looked up at it with awe.

The blunt but stoic leader of Denasti named Greta wasn't as intrigued as him. She looked like she had disdain for the place.

" Dracula's castle.", the strange man breathed without the awe leaving him," Astonishing, it's quite--"

" Ugly as sin.", Gerta interrupted him.

" It's not ugly.", I was calmly offended.

I gave her a small look of annoyance when she argued," It's ugly. And it's sad. And it's cold. Bad things happen here."

Though she wasn't entirely wrong on the last part, I still was a bit offended. I was born and raised in the place. Good things have happened in that castle as well. I should know, I've been there for most of my life. Besides, the woman hasn't even been in the place yet.

" That's my childhood home you're talking about.", I told her, still calmly defending the place regardless of some of its few flaws.

" Well, that explains a lot.", she responded then sighed," Sorry, some places just have a chill on them. Maybe my people and I can warm it up a little."

" It's magnificent.", Saint Germain whispered as he turned to another direction and stated," And there. The Belmont Hold, I believe."

I watch him, almost amused yet also uncertain by how intrigued he was by this place already.