Chapter Nine: Restrainted Confession

Narration

It was currently dark outside, but no one was asleep. Cristine became paranoid after what happened; which didn't help with her sickness, Alucard had canceled that day's training for Taka and Sumi after what had happened, and Taka and Sumi were discussing an alternative way to handle the two hosts.

___________________________

Cristine remained in her room, wide awake when she was told to sleep. But how could she after today? She was almost raped by the two people she began to enjoy knowing. Her mind was racing with many thoughts: "Why didn't she trust her instincts when they tried to warn her? Why did she trust Sumi and Taka's words for anything?... Why didn't she tell Alucard what had happened when she had the chance?"

Who knows what would have happened if she did. Would he deny? Would he not? It was no doubt that the two guests would deny it.

She wished that she told him at that moment he held her close, so safe and secure. She felt so powerless the moment Taka and Sumi were above her. Vulnerable. Frightened. Speechless. Every emotion anyone would feel if they were in her position at that moment.

Tears rolled from her eyes as she turned to lay on her side. She whimpered from the memory of what had almost happened to her. She tightly gripped the sheets that were currently over her body and curled into a ball, holding her legs against her chest with her free arm.

Cristine shut her eyes again and shivered when she heard the door open, fearing that it would be Taka or Sumi. Slow but somehow light footsteps approached her, causing her to shiver harder. She stopped when she felt a gentle and familiar hand placed on her shoulder. She slightly opened her eyelids and looked up. She was relieved for it to be only Alucard.

He looked down with a soft expression and held a bowl of what appears to be soup." I brought you dinner.", he told her.

" Did-... Did they take part in making it?", she stuttered to ask, referring to the only other two people in the castle.

" Neither of them did, I made this myself.", he answered her. Although he was curious to ask why she would be concerned if the two apprentices were involved, he didn't push it since she was under a lot of stress and sick.

She nods her head slightly in approval then attempts to sit up, she winced in pain as she did. Alucard set the soup aside and assisted her into a sitting position." Thank you, Adrien.", she told him.

He gives her a nod in response.

After seeing she still lacked the strength to move, Alucard had begun to feed her. He had fed her slowly so she wouldn't choke on her food or make a mess of herself. But after only a few bites, she end throwing it up into the bowl. His eyes widened with surprise from what had just happened. She then began coughing up a bit. Alucard set the now tarnished soup aside to lay her down to be more comfortable.

Cristine looked up at him with tired eyes when she stopped finally coughing." I'm sorry... My stomach is just hasn't been feeling right since I became sick.", she explained to him.

" It's alright, it's not your fault.", he told her with his sweetest smile then gently stroking her cheek. Cristine smiled back up at him while weakly lifting her arm to grip the hand that was placed on her cheek.

He removed his hand and sat beside her. His eyes left her direction for a moment as his smile then disappeared. He was looking at the spot he saw Taka earlier when Cristine had her seizure, thinking of what Sumi had told her. When his eyes returned to Cristine, she looked at that same spot too but was visibly more troubled and conflicted.

" What's wrong?", he asked her.

" I... I can't.", she said in a small tone of voice. She wanted to say it to him, she wanted to admit to what happened. She just didn't know how to say it or how he would respond. She didn't even look at him as she said it.