Wanted

The other letter gave information about Sirius' reinstatement as auror. Saying that his position as a ministry official had been restored and he was even eligible for promotion to team leader upon his return to work, as early as next week. Everything seemed to be going their way.

Shortly after opening the letters Sirius finished everything in the kitchen and loaded things up, while Remus grabbed Harry and his nappy bag.

Sirius had also charmed their car to fly like his motorcycle, making the trip to the Weasleys much shorter.

They arrive and everything seems normal almost all the Weasleys are outside except Percy, but they don't think anything of it.

Harry runs off to play with Ron as soon as they get there and Sirius and Remus go to the table with the cake and presents.

"Hello Sirius, Remus, thanks for coming." Molly says hugging them after they've set down the food and gift.

"Of course," Sirius says smiling.

"We have some exciting news," Remus says as they look around at all the kids playing.

"What's that?" Molly asks.

"Our adoption interviews, they scheduled them for tomorrow."

"Oh that's great," Molly says happily.

"Congratulations," Arthur says grinning.

"Oh, Percy's finally out here that means we can eat." Molly says not knowing what was.

Sirius turns to call Harry when he sees it, in Percy's hand, the Rat.

He's frozen in shock for a moment, only a moment before he pulls his wand out and is headed towards the rat. The bastard who had betrayed them, took everything from them, everything from Harry.

"What are you doing Sirius?" Remus calls concerned, before he sees what Sirius is heading to.

He looks at Molly and Arthur, "that rat, it's Peter Pettigrew."

"What?!" They shout at the same time.

He nods and at a run follows his fiance.

"Molly get kids inside," Arthur says following the other men he had grown to trust.

Molly grabs Ginny from her cot and starts yells, "Fred, George, come here, Charlie, Bill get the babies now."

Remus catches up with a furious Sirius and grabs his hand. "Love wait, let Molly get the kids inside."

Sirius starts walking slower. Allowing Arthur to catch up.

"What's going on?" Charlie asks his mother as she commands them to go inside.

"It's nothing love, just come on, get Harry, we're going inside for a minute."

"What about Percy?" Bill asks picking up Ron.

"He's coming dear."

"Percy could we have Scabbers?" Arthur asks calmly.

"Why?" the five year old asks looking around confused and holding his frightened pet to his chest.

"He's gotten sick, it's very bad and Sirius and Remus need to take him to the healer." Arthur says reaching out.

"Will he be okay?" Percy asks handing him over to his father.

"I hope so, go inside with mummy now."

"Okay," Percy says sadly following his siblings and mum inside.

"What're you going to do?" Arthur asks handing the squirming rat over to Remus.

"Do you guys have a cage for him?" Sirius asks still seething with anger.

"Yes, I can go get it." Arthur responds.

"Great, because we can't apparate without one."

"Alright, I'll bring the cage out, then I'll floo the aurors and let them know."

"Do you guys mind keeping Harry here?"

"Oh course not, we'll let the kids play and eat. Hopefully you guys won't be long and we'll cut the cake when you get back."

~~~~~

They apparated into the atrium and were almost immediately met by a team of aurors led by Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"Thank you gentlemen for bringing him in, one step closer to rounding them up." Kingsley says with a grin.

Remus smiles and Sirius laughs, "oh our pleasure, I hope he rots in Azkaban."

"Congrats on reinstatement by the way, if everyone else was that passionate about capturing the rest of the death eaters we might have caught them all by now."

"We will," Sirius says, "did you get our wedding invitation?"

"Oh yeah, I'll be there, " Kingsley replies. "Anyways see you at work next week, I gotta go."

"Bye," they say in sync, laughing.

"Are we going straight back to the Weasleys love?" Sirius asks turning to Remus.

"We should go to Diagon Alley love, I feel bad, we need to get Percy a new rat."

"Great idea love."

~~~~
It was quite easy to find a rat that looked similar to Wormtail, Percy would never even have to know.

They get back to the party, a little more at peace than they had been since that Halloween night. And sure enough Percy couldn't tell the difference in this new rat and the one he had come to love.

They sang happy birthday to Ron and it was now time for him to open presents.

"Here Ron, open this one darling, it's from me and daddy."

"Thank you mummy." Ron says tightly holding the teddy bear he had unwrapped.

"Look Ron, there's a blanket too." Arthur points out.

"Thank you daddy." Ron hugs both his parents before the next gift is handed to him.

"That's from all you brothers and Ginny." Molly says tearing.

Ron starts clapping as he unwraps it. "Candy!" He yells excitedly. "Thank you!!"

"If you think that's exciting, open ours." Sirius says sitting the box down in front of Ron.

"Boom!" Ron yells happily.

"And some books," Remus interjected making everyone laugh.

~~~~~
They ate cake and let Harry play for a bit longer before they had to get home and make sure everything was ready for tomorrow.