Party

Sirius' second day back to work is much more boring. He gives Fieldwake, Limus and Hobday new assignments respectively. Then he spends the rest of the day at his desk hoping one of the members needs backup, it's simply not the case.

He leaves work an hour early so he can get home and take the kids to Andromeda's. The kids seem happy enough to go there, they get along really well with them all. He hopes the same will be said for the Weasleys.

When they get back the time has arrived for them to do their full moon plans. Sirius carries Remus into forest as the sun sets and they make idle chat as they wait for the moon to rise.

Once they've turned they spend hours just playing chase, running after each other. Sometime in the early hours of the morning Remus gets tired out and he decides to lay down. Sirius joins him, licking his face playfully and curling up next to him.

Remus drifts off first and then later Sirius does too. When Remus wakes up, already transformed back, Sirius is laying partially on top of him, still in his dog form.

Remus nudges him slightly, Sirius wakes to this and looks down at him. He licks him a couple of times before moving and turning back.

"Happy birthday my love," Sirius says pushing himself off the ground.

Remus rolls his eyes, "happy birthday to me."

Sirius smiles at him, "it will be."
~~~~
Sirius opens up the floo for the St. Mungo's healer to come through. She attends to Remus' wounds with a gentle care, speeding up the healing process. She gives him a sleeping potion, telling him to rest for a few hours and leaves a vial of pepper-up potion for when he wakes.

Remus falls fast asleep soon and Sirius kisses his forehead, going to get ready for the party.

First he does dessert, he makes fudge brownies, a double layered German chocolate cake with cream cheese icing, and a pumpkin pie.

Then he prepares some of Remus favorite dishes, including a cheesy pasta dish, more meatballs, chilli lime shrimp, garlic toast, and buttery rolls.

He makes some sandwiches for the picky eaters and then he goes outside to set up.

He shrinks their dining table and moves it outside, then he enlarges it before casting triplex on the table. He puts the food out onto one table and puts chairs around another for them to eat. He summons his gifts onto the last table.

Then he puts up a tent around them, using fairy lights and streamers as decorations.

By then end of that he was pretty exhausted, so he went to check on Remus and sit down for a little while before their guests arrived.

Andromeda and Ted arrive with Dora and their kids, who marvel at the decorations. He goes to wake Remus who seems a lot better after the potion.

As they're walking downstairs Remus holding onto Sirius who had insisted he wear a blindfold. The Weasleys pop through the floo one by one.

Remus trys to take off the blindfold to talk to them but Sirius is not having it. "No, not yet," he scolds pulling the blindfold down. "Stay right here and keep the blindfold on."

He beckons the Weasleys to follow him to the backyard and shows them where to put the presents. Then he's goes back inside to get Remus.

Sirius grabs his arm with a smile, "Come on, you're gonna love it Moony."

Remus laughs, "I should hope so, you're making quite a big deal out of it."

"It is a big deal," Sirius responds matter-of-factly as the enter the backyard. "Okay, you can take off the blindfold."

Remus takes it off quickly and looks around in awe as they enter the tent.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone yells.

Tears form in Remus' eyes and he throws his arm arms around Sirius crying, "Thank you so much for doing this."

"It was my pleasure love," he says wiping away Remus' tears and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

He pulls back and their kids run to hug him to, "Happy birthday daddy," Ariella yells.

That brings tears to Sirius' eyes as well, that was the first time one of them had called either of them that.
~~~~
Everyone gives Sirius compliments on the food. And after everyone has finished eating they gather around to watch Remus open gifts.

First he opens the candy Sirius had put the kids names on. Then he a hand knitted sweater from the Weasleys much like their Christmas sweaters. He thanks them before opening one of the gifts from the Tonks family, which happened to be a lot of muggle chocolate. Then he opens the mugs from Sirius and he smiles fondly blowing his fiance a kiss.

Next he opens the sweaters Sirius and the kids had picked out. The other gift from the Tonks' was a Shakespearean novel. And then he only had one gift remaining, one Sirius had wrote, "open last" on.

He undid the wrapping paper carefully and he could already tell it was a photo album.

He looks up at Sirius, who smiles at him and then he opens it.

He smiles fondly at the pictures of them in their early years of Hogwarts, even wider at the pictures of him and Sirius once they'd gotten together.

He smiles falls a little at the picture of James, Lily, and Harry. He starts crying again. The next picture is filled with pictures of his kids though and he can't help but smile through the tears.

He looks up at Sirius his eyes conveying how thankful he is. Harry waddles over, "no cry."

Remus and Sirius laugh but he distinctly hears Molly and Andromeda awwing at how cute that was.

And after mingling a bit more the kids started to get tired so they called it a night. But it was officially one of Remus' favorite birthdays to date.