The First Day

Sirius and Remus are sleeping soundly when they hear a knock at the door.

Sirius gets up to open it after a second knock while Remus shoves his head in the pillow.

Cathleen walks in holding Ariella's hand, "She had a nightmare and woke me up, can we sleep in here?"

Sirius laughs, "yeah come on."

Cathleen and Ariella climb up into middle of the matress and they all snuggle up and fall asleep soon.
~~~~
Sirius is the first to wake up, probably because of the tiny feet that somehow ended up all in his face.

Sirius laughs softly to himself, looking at the sight before him. Remus is curled up in a fetal position, Cathleen has her arms around him and Ariella has somehow ended up upside down. He leaves them lying there and goes to check on Marcus and Harry. Marcus and Harry are both still sound asleep, so he goes downstairs to make breakfast.

Cathleen is the first one to come downstairs. She insists on helping Sirius cook the french toast.

The baby monitor spell goes off while he's cooking and he goes to get Harry while his trusted sidekick is watching the food.

Harry and Cathleen get the first batch of food. Then Sirius puts more on, which is good, because a few minutes later Remus comes downstairs yawing and carrying Ariella.

He gets them some breakfast fixed and then, just as going to get Marcus, he comes downstairs himself.

"I smelled food," Marcus says coming downstairs.

Sirius and Remus laugh and Sirius helps Marcus into a chair to eat.
~~~~
The kids are playing in the living room while Remus and Sirius are in the kitchen talking.

"What do you want to do on this coming up full moon?" Remus asks.

"We should introduce the kids to Andromeda tomorrow, that way they aren't thrown for a loop when we have to drop them off there Tuesday."

"That's a good idea," Remus says yawning into his cup of coffee.

"Yeah, I'm going to take the kids birthday shopping for you this weekend," Sirius says casually.

Remus almost spits out his coffee. "That's a lovely sentiment, but gifts come with parties and I'm not sure if I'll be feeling well enough love."

Sirius smiles at him,"Nonsense, Tuesday I'll be home from work in time to take the kids to Andy's. Then I'll come back, we'll go through the motions like normal. But when the morning comes and you turn back I've booked a private healer to nurse you back to health. While she's doing that, I can set up the party. I'll bake the cake and everything. Then we wait for everyone."

Sirius looks to Remus excitedly as if he's expecting a round of applause. Remus only nods skeptically, "Alright, I suppose."

Sirius can't tell if Remus is mocking him or if he's being genuine. He decides not to ask.
~~~~
The rest of the day is relatively calm. Andromeda writes him back about coming over, saying they'd love to.

They let the kids play outside and Sirius decides he needs to get 3 more miniature brooms, because the kids are all fascinated by Harry's and it's difficult to share.

Sirius bakes the kids chocolate chip cookies after they eat supper. Him and Remus eat quite a lot of them too though.

They both enjoy reading the kids bedtime stories, but it does get Remus thinking that they should get Cathleen and Marcus a private tutor.

And thankfully everyone sleeps through the night peacefully, nightmare free.

{A/N}
Guys there are only eight chapters left on this story.

Lunchtime Visits~ Andromeda, Ted and Dora come over to meet the kids. Their family may be unique but they all fit together perfectly.

Gifts~ Sirius takes the kids shopping for Remus' upcoming birthday. He searches for the perfect gift, oh who is he kidding, gifts.

Back To Work~ Sirius goes back to work. Remus worries about him all day, or he trys to, but four kids is quite a distraction from his worry.

Party~ Remus' birthday is here. It really sucks that it happened to fall on the day after the full moon. But Sirius is doing everything in his power to make sure it's still special.

The Wedding~ Sirius and Remus have some important conversations with the kids, but more importantly, their wedding day has arrived.

The Reception~ The only thing better than a wedding is a wedding reception. This is no exception.

Out for Ice Cream~ Remus and Sirius only spend a few days honeymooning. Let's find out what happened while they were away as they take their kids and Dora out for ice cream (it's her birthday).

It's Official!~ What's official, you may be wondering. Oh I'll tell you, it's the adoption! Some things just have a way of working out I guess.

I imagine I'll finish this book at least by the end of April. Then I'll finish tying up some loose ends and finishing up some other stories. Hopefully that won't take too long because I'm so excited for this books sequel. Until next time /*