cherry blossoms.

" we can be friends too! "

₊❏❜ᝰ────────────𖤐彡

the short girl skipped throughout the park with a multicolored flag running behind her as she giggled. she suddenly saw the blooming cherry blossoms and ran towards them, it seemed like she forgot all about the flag she was holding.

her bestfriend had just moved away and they would always play with cherry blossoms so it seemed reasonable for the girl to pick one or a couple up to decorate her room with.

emiko picked a few flowers only to be interrupted by someone saying "watch out!"

a ball struck her in the back of the head, she fell face flat on the ground.

she got up and looked at the monster who did that. it was a boy with black hair and blue eyes, he gasped at her red face and ran over.

"are you okay? I'm so sorry!" the boy said as he helped the girl sit back up on her knees.

she huffed, looking at the boy who definitely looked apologetic.

"I'm okay, did you throw that ball?!" emiko said, pouting at him.

the boy looked surprised at the sudden outburst.

"yeah...I'm sorry, I was just trying to learn," he said, rubbing the back of his neck, he looked to the ground to be met with a handful of cherry blossoms. he remembered that an older boy who told him girls loved flowers and other things he didn't get...

"here!" he said suddenly and handed them to the pretty girl who's mood was immediately risen by the kind gesture. she took them and smiled brightly at the boy.

"thank you! do you like cherry blossoms?!" the girl said excitedly, her big honey eyes looking into the boy's blueberry eyes. he smiled back at her.

"cherry blossoms are pretty, but i think i love sunflowers even more." the boy said happily, looking at the girl who gasped slightly.

"sunflowers are also really pretty! they also remind me of-" she stopped herself from continuing, she started to play with the flowers in her hand.

the boy waited for an answer, taking interest in the girl already.

"the sun." the girl said sadly, she frowned which shocked the boy from the sudden mood change. he took the empty spot next to the girl.

"i'm tobio kageyama." the boy said, trying to brighten the girl's mood. the girl looked up from her hands and at the boy, shocked then happily she took his hand.

"i'm kalin emiko!" emiko said, giving the boy a few of the blossoms in her hands. she didn't think she would find any friends since her bestfriend left her, not for any personal reasons, but it seemed to be that.

"you seemed a bit sad when i mentioned sunflowers, are you okay?" tobio asked, waiting for emiko's answer quite patiently, she smiled.

"it's just..my friend moved away and sunflowers and cherry blossoms remind me of her." emiko said, then looked at the boy who had an apologetic face.

"what were you doing, though?" she asked, not wanting to talk about it.

tobio shook his head and smiled "i was trying to play volleyball! but i'm kinda bad...but i know i can get good!" he said, emiko smiled brightly at the boy's hope.

"i can help! we can be friends too!" emiko said, which shocked the boy who then smiled back at her shortly after.

"kalin!"

"tobio!"

the two 10-year old's got called by their guardians who took them to the park.

"coming baba!"

"coming muma!"

the two children looked at each other, smiling.

"we'll meet again! i come here every saturday!" emiko said happily, getting up from the ground, tobio was following her actions.

"okay! i do too! i'll see you next saturday." tobio beamed and they ran towards their guardians.

every saturday they talked and talked about everything, they even made a treehouse.

they continued to even go to the same middle school, which developed a bit of drama throughout..but it was all fixed when an upperclassmen left the school.

"i can't believe we're going to karasuno!" emiko beamed as she carried a bag, walking up the stairs outside.

"yep, you've even got a dorm." tobio said to the girl who smirked.

"These stairs may be problematic." emiko said as she continued up.

"for you." tobio said which the girl gasped dramatically and hit him in the back of the head.

"ow!"

"that's what you get dumbass!"