Seventeen: It never started.

Evelyn's POV

"Will you take a drink?" Blake asked. I shook my head.

"Nope. I don't drink unless I'm alone." He hummed in a mocking way.

We got in the club with my hand twined with his. But it then got yanked away as a few of his teammates pulled him towards the bar.

I sighed.

"Poor you." Someone said from behind me. I turned and saw Rebecca looking at me sympathetically. I frowned.

"Excuse me?"

"Looks like you're getting thrown away like I did." She said and my frown deepened.

"Pardon?" I asked again. She smiled pitifully and pulled me to a table.

"Looks like your boyfriend there has been hiding things for you." She said as we got seated. I looked away from her.

"T-things are not official yet." I said. She hummed.

"That's a good thing then. At least you won't get as hurt as I did." I looked at her in confusion. "I'll get the things straight here, hmm?"

"Okay." I said.

"Two years ago, Blake and I met. It was some business shit between our fathers. But then we found a liking towards each other and started dating. Then one night, we did the dirty." She smirked as I stiffened due to the pang that just hit me straight in my chest.

"The next day, when I woke up, I saw him getting ready. He was in a hurry. I asked him where he was going and he told me that things aren't working for him. Then, he just broke up with me." She said with a quite sad face and I truly felt bad for her.

"After what you did?" I asked, hoping her answer would be no.

"Yeah... But, I still like him and I'm trying to get him back. But you're the problem here." She then looked at me.

"Your point is?" I asked.

"Listen here, I know all he wants from you is a good fuck because, as I hate to admit this but still. You're beautiful. Any guy would want to get in your pants. And so does he. But, I don't think you're just looking for a good fuck, right? If he wants just the body, I'm ready for that. I just want him. With love or not." She said.

"Blake wouldn't do that to me. I know that." I defended.

"Like I said, poor you. Let me ask you some questions and be honest okay?" I nodded. "Did he ever say, he liked you?" And I stiffened as I realized he never did.

"No." I whispered.

"Okay. Did he ever say that he cares about you or something?" I shook my head.

"No."

"Is there any moment between you two when you just sit and do nothing? I mean any moment when he doesn't kiss you?"

"No." He kisses me every chance he gets.

"Is he ever a slightest bit of possessive towards you? Tells you where he is going? Or ever talked anything about his family? Or ever talked about being official? Or anything about himself?"

And the answer was....

"No." This time, I could feel the tears pricking in my eyes. Every moment we shared, every kiss, every hug, every laugh now felt like nothing.

"See? He just wants your body, sweetheart. Not your heart." I just couldn't form words. "So, what do you think?"

"I think I need a drink." I got up and moved to the bar. I saw Luke and Amy dancing on the floor. I ordered myself a whiskey. The bartender was pouring it in a glass but I stopped him and asked him to give me a whole bottle which he hesitantly did.

••••

Right now, I was dancing my ass off while singing on the top of my lungs. I didn't knew a single thing going around me. I was carefree.

And most importantly.

I was happy.

In my own world with no other than me.

I felt two hands sliding around my waist. Though I didn't recognize the person, I didn't push their hands away. I danced with them. When I turned, I saw Jake. I grinned at him and then we both danced together.

I was enjoying myself, until he was ripped away from me. I didn't even see where he went. I began dancing by myself.

But, then, I felt two hands sliding around my waist again. This time I recognized the person and pushed his hands away, dancing on my own. He slid his hands around my waist again and pulled me back to him.

"It's me, Evelyn." Blake whispered in my ear. I scoffed.

As if I didn't know.

I ripped myself off from him, moving away. But he caught my arm and pulled me back to him.

"You're drunk. Let's get you outta here." He said, pulling me out. When we were away from that loud music, I ripped my hand from him. He stood there with a pained expression. "What are doing, Evelyn? Why are you acting like this?" I scoffed.

"Oh please! As if you care." I rolled my eyes, trying to steady myself.

"What? Of course I care about you." He said, trying to come closer to me. I moved back in time.

"No, you don't." I said. He sighed.

"Is it because I had to go with those guys leaving you all alone? I understand that you're mad but don't act like this." His eyes softened.

"I'm not mad at you Blake. I don't have a right to get mad at you. I'm not your girlfriend. And neither are you my boyfriend to drag me around, got it?"

"Evelyn-"

"No. Listen to me this once. If you want a good fuck, I suggest you go and find someone else. Because, I'm not gonna be one of those girl who are left in the rain crying because of such fuck boys." I said.

"I don't even know what are you talking about. Let's go back to the hotel and sort this out, okay?"

"No. Firstly, you need to answer me. Right now, right here. Did you ever like me or just wanted to get in my pants? Ever thought of making things official? Heck! You don't even get affected when a guy is trying to talk to me. You didn't even talk to me before your match. And more over, you didn't even tell me before leaving this morning that too with Rebecca. You know, you should have told me that you weren't interested in me in the first place. It would have saved our efforts." Tears were forming in my eyes now.

"Rebecca? Is that what all this is about?" He asked with his hands folded on his chest.

"No, Blake. It's not only about her. It's about other things too that you don't see affecting me. You never told me a single thing about yourself. You were always closed off about everything. And when I don't tell you about myself, you say that I don't trust you enough." He sighed.

"You know what? I don't get the point of this argues and whatever the thing you're doing right now. What do want to do? Tell me straight. Want to call this off? Make it over?" He said angrily.

Till this point, I was fully sober.

"I guess it never started to get over." My voice was just a bit above a whisper. He looked a bit taken back by my response. It was like he didn't expect this. He stared at me for a minute before backing away, nodding.

"If that's what you want. I guess it's over then." He turned and walked away.

When he was gone, the tears finally started falling. I fell on my knees, my face in my hands and I cried. I don't know for how long, but I felt someone hugging me from behind. I saw Jake looking at me with a sympathetic face. I cried in his chest.

When I finally pulled back, I looked at him and then at the ground.

"I-I need to make a phone call." I sniffed and said. I had left my phone at hotel as I didn't have a purse to carry around.

"Sure." He said and gave me his phone. I quickly dialed in Xavier's phone number. He didn't pick up at first. Then I called him again and on the third ring, he picked up.

"Hello?" His voice was a bit raspy. I knew I had woke him up in the middle of a night.

"Xavi......"