Thirty: Best Gift Ever

Evelyn's POV

"Hey, dad! Do you know what Evelyn did today?" Xavier said. Dad came from upstairs, looking at both of us.

"What?" Dad asked.

"She skipped her classes with a boy. And she even has a boyfriend now." He narrowed his eyes at me. I rolled my eyes.

"By boy, you mean Blake?" I nodded. "Chill Xavi, I know the guy." Dad shrugged and Xavi frowned.

"You know him? Why didn't you tell me then?"

"Because I didn't want you to come here only to beat up the guy. Now calm down and unpack your bags." Dad said to him and then turned to me. "I'm going for a meeting and will come home late, okay? Xavi will make you dinner and don't wait for me."

"Okay." I said and hugged him. He kissed my forehead and I smirked towards Xavier. He rolled his eyes and went to his room. After dad left, I jumped and sprinted to his room.

I opened the door with a loud bang, making him jump and then I jumped on his bed.

"Stop, Evie. Or you'll break my bed." I ignoring him completely, I started asking him questions.

"Who was the blonde at the cafe today? If she your girlfriend? Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend?"

"Her name's Willow. And yeah, she's my girlfriend." He blushed slightly. I giggled and hugged him.

"I'm happy for you, bro." He smiled and muttered a thankyou. Later we caught up on things. I told him about Blake and stuff. He didn't question much about him. He knew that once dad had approved of him, he couldn't do anything about it.

"What are you doing here? I mean, not that I don't want you here, I'm just curious." I said.

"I'm here for your graduation, Cupcake." He answered. I smiled.

••••
Skipping To The Graduation Day.....

I was getting ready in my room. Dad had gone to his office while Xavi was on a date with Willow. Both of them promised to be at the ceremony on time though.

I came out of the shower and wore my clothes and gown. To be honest, I think I look pretty good.

As if on cue, the door to my room opened and Amy bursted in.

"Evel!!!!" She launched herself at me. "We are getting graduated!!" I giggled and patted her back before pulling back.

"I know. How do you feel about it?" I asked.

"Excited. You?" She smiled.

"I feel quite terrified." I chuckled nervously. She giggled and shook her head.

"You just need to loosen up a bit. Let me do your hair and make up."

A few minutes later, we both were finally done.

"We look so beautiful..." Amy said, looking at me through the mirror. I smiled. "Blake wouldn't be able to take his eyes off of you." She said.

"Yeah...." My mood changed in an instant. She frowned.

"Did something happen between you two again?" I shook my head.

"No. It's just that....we never talked about our relationship or even our lives after graduation. I'm just worried." I stated. She smiled and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, Evel. That guy loves you too much to break up with you." She chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood.

Which she did.