Twenty Four: Ready

Evelyn's POV

We were currently sitting in the cafeteria. Rebecca has been missing since the party night I guess. I haven't seen her around in a while and to be honest, I'm glad about it.

I mean, what girl would wanna see her boyfriend's ex, right?

Amy and Luke were talking and smiling about something. Blake's mood is quite off since morning and I don't know what has happened. I wish I could do something, though.

"Did something happen?" I asked him quietly. He looked at me and smiled softly before shaking his head.

"Nothing you gotta get worried about." He pecked my lips. I smiled and nodded.

"Hey, how about we have a weekend all to ourselves? We can do sleepovers." Amy suggested with a grin.

"That's cool. I could really use a break from everything." Blake said and I looked at him in surprise. It's the first time he agreed with Amy.

"Oh. But where?" Luke asked. There was a long pause before Blake spoke up again.

"Beach House? Or Lake House?" Blake asked.

"Lake House." Amy said and Luke agreed with her. Blake looked at me as if asking me what I think. I nodded my head in agreement and we settled on Lake House.

••••

We were sitting in the field as it was our free period.

Blake was in his deep thoughts. I don't know what is up with him and I feel bad that I can't help him.

"Is there a problem?" I asked him for the hundredth time. He shook his head and didn't answer. "So there is a problem..." I stated.

"What makes you think that?" He asked.

"Firstly, you have been really quiet. Secondly, you agreed with Amy. Thirdly, I got only one kiss since morning that too was really short." I said. He turned to me and smirked.

"I can do something about the third one." He hooked his fingers in my jeans' belt loops and pulled me to him, crashing his lips on mine. I smiled into the kiss and pulled back. He tucked my hair behind my ear and smiled. "How about that?" I grinned.

"Not enough." I pulled his head down to my level and kissed him hard. He responded by kissing me the same. Our mouths fought for dominance but none of us were giving up. When we pulled back, we were breathing heavily.

But, still, I wanted more.

And I knew that I was ready.

So, I pulled back and stopped him from kissing me further. He frowned looking at me and I gave him an assuring smile. He kissed my forehead and smiled too.

"I'll pick you up around five so we can have today to ourselves and weekend with Amy and Luke, hmm?" He said.

"Sounds good. Let's get to our classes now. I want to get over with them." I sighed in exhaustion. He chuckled and walked me to my class.

After school, we went to our houses and packed our bags for the weekend. Blake came around five and we drove to his Lake House. The drive was quiet and peaceful. When we reached, I was really stunned with the view.

It had large windows over looking the mountains, fire pits with comfy chairs and a couch to cuddle on. There were two bedrooms and a kitchen and two bathrooms. So far, I loved it.

I felt arms wrapping around waist from behind. I smiled as his chin rested on my shoulder.

"You like it?" He asked with smile and kissed my cheek. I nodded, grinning.