009.

009. bathroom breakdowns with barbie

WAKING UP in a bathtub is probably not the best thing for one's body. but did barbie particularly care last night? no. not really. you see, after somebody you care about so much dies- it's perfectly reasonable for you to just... not want them to go into immediate danger again, right? so barbie didn't understand any of cherry's aggression to her. add that onto the fact that piper (her new sister. although barbie guessed way earlier about her parentage) seemed to fucking hate her and hated drew even more... well, it wasn't fun when she got back to the cabin.

"just stay away from me," grumbled piper, still in shock from her claiming as she pulled the dress up so she didn't trip on it.

"whatever you want hon," drew spoke, smacking her lips as she reapplied her lipgloss and winked at a passing-by camper which barbie guessed was a hephaestus kid judging by the stocky build.

"why don't we all jut get some sleep," sighed barbie, leaning onto val as he practically carried her away, "please."

"is barbie ok?" mumbled nessa's small voice, "is this about the bathtub-"

"it's not about the bathtub, sweetie," reassured drew, "barbie's just a bit tired-"

"the bathtub? how d'you break a bathtub?" piper asked.

"it wasn't my fault!" whined nessa, tears welling up in her eyes, "i told you- it wasn't-"

"she's not accusing you of anything, nessa," val said, "piper isn't like that."

"i'm sorry if it sounded like that," piper spoke quietly, widening her eyes slightly before rubbing them, "man i'm tired."

after what seemed like forever, they finally made it to their cabin and barbie opened the doors wide as all of her siblings ran in, the longest queue she'd seen in a while being formed to the bathroom. barbie sighed, thanking val for the support before she flicked her wrist weakly and a small spark of pink mist flicked her hair up into a bun. she began to walk around the cabin, picking up any rubbish or anything that wasn't supposed to be on the ground.

she grabbed a few stray teddy bears, a rabid pack of nessa's deadly sharp crayons (which she made sure to put back for nessa incase any accidents occurred) and random shoes and clothes thrown around the place. she sighed slightly, yelling to the line, "guys! please put back your stuff!"

"sorry barb," some of them mumbled as they quickly ran out of the line to put their stuff away.

she stood up after a few moments, sighed as she wiped her eyes that were starting to water. she walked to her bed, waiting for everybody to be done in the bathroom before she actually tried to go in.

after about an hour or so, everybody was finally out, and barbie was able to quickly brush her teeth and wash her face before coming out, looking just as drained as she had before. after a few minutes or so, people settled down and she walked to the front, turning off the lights as she whispered, "lights out you guys."

now to the bathtub situation. it was perhaps... one hour after everybody had went to bed, and barbie still couldn't sleep. she let out a frustrated sigh, sitting up in her bed. her eyes flickered from each of her siblings. from drew sleeping comfortably with a silk sleeping mask to val loosely holding a picture of him and annabeth in one hand and a pillow in the other. and then, her eyes looked to piper, who had a frown on her face, twisting and turning in her bed.

"i feel you, pipes," mumbled barbie as she quietly got out of her bed, walking to the bathroom.

she opened the door and turned the light on, gripping the sides of the sink as she stared at herself in the mirror. she was a wreck, to say the least. half-removed makeup still on her face, so you could see little parts of her under eyes that had black circles around it. her hair was a mess, yet still looked perfectly fine somehow, which surprised her. she sighed looking down.