015.

015. dreams of golden bullshit

BARBIE ALLEN was sick of being cooped up on the ship. after they'd arrived at the pillars of hercules, she'd felt the urge to just be able to get on some sort of land. she hadn't stepped foot on actual dirt and ground and it was starting to get to her. she'd seen a shift in percy as they came closer to greece, he was more on edge- scared. she could sense it, but wasn't exactly sure how to bring it up. of course, there was also jerald (yes, no sign of her yet) and annabeth. ever since charleston, she'd hardly left her cabin. whenever she went by to see her, she was so lost in thought that conversations could hardly be called as such.

she might say something like, "hey, we're having dinner soon."

and annabeth would say something like, "shut up- no way."

perhaps if barbie said something like, "annabeth, get some sleep."

she might respond with, "the idea for the tapestry sounds amazing, barb."

or, she might say, "so- i set fire to the argo ii."

and annabeth would simply hum and respond with, "that's nice."

after about midnight, she gave it a rest and decided perhaps it was time for some sleep. her eyes were droopy as she stumbled into her cabin and did her little nightly routine of skincare and whatnot before she hastily got changed into her pajamas and jumped into her bed as quickly as she could. which was to say, barbie desperately wanted sleep- and hoped that perhaps when she did wake up they'd all be in rome and she might finally be able to do something.

she was itching to just use her powers for something that wasn't... sewing or helping around. of course- she could use her sword. but sometimes she felt when she did use it that she wasn't good enough. she had doubts that maybe she'd just screw up and she'd accidently miss or impale somebody she wasn't meant to. she felt more sure of her powers, which is why she was growing more and more thankful she had them back and stronger than ever.

the training wheels her mom had talked about had really come off. with a simple flick of her finger she could summon a dozen daggers alone. it felt good to be sure of herself in something. it felt nice to know she wasn't like she was. before, even before she lost percy- people had questioned her. when she went on her first quest, she was just learning. she was learning about all her weird new powers (and the terrible mix-up that happened too). yet when she came back and properly used her powers, there was no question.

she was strong, and she'd proven them wrong about just being another aphrodite kid. she'd shown them just how strong she was. and she was thankful for that.

even when percy went missing, and she lost most of her control over her powers, people had wondered. but she'd shown them wrong all over again.  when everything around her crumbled, at least she had jerald.

barbie was placing bets about how long into her sleep she would suddenly be pulled into a demigod dream. she was betting the minute she closed her eyes. she was wrong. well... sort of. she still did have a dream- but no demigod dreams immediately. which did surprised her. however her dream... if you would even call it a dream, was weird.

it was a dark spotlight all over again. at first, she thought it was her good old friend mr boogeyman the nightmare guy. but the moment she heard a familiar voice, she immediately thought otherwise. because she was definitely sure that mr boogeyman sounded anything like jerald.