014.

014. their friends fight to the death (sort of)

WHILST CHERRY, leo and jason were distracted shopping, piper and barbie cornered the princess. although, piper did most of the talking since barbie couldn't exactly talk. barbie put on her fiercest glare, finding it annoying she couldn't even speak through jerald. her hands were on her hips as she stared at medea, who had an act of innocence on which barbie knew was utter bull.

"you want them shopping to their death?" piper demanded.

"mm." the princess blew dust off a display case od swords, "i'm a seer, my dear. i know your little secret. but we don't want to dwell on that, do we? the boys are having such fun."

barbie gave another glared before she tried to say, why are you here? piper doesn't even know who  you are! but then quickly remembered she couldn't speak, so it looked like she was just violently mouthing words. but medea seemed to understand and gave a little laugh, "have you forgotten so soon, my dear? i told you?"

you told me who you were! barbie mouthed.

"what is-" piper began, "she took away your voice? is that what she did?"

barbie nodded and piper scowled deeply, "so who the fuck are you? huh?"

"i told you, my dear. i'm the princess of colchis."

"why don't you explain further?" snapped piper.

"where was colchis, you mean. my father ruled the far shores of the black sea, as far to the east as a greek ship could sail in those days. but colchis is no more- lost eons ago."

"eons?" piper asked, "how old are you?"

"a lady should avoid asking or answering that question," laughed medea, "let's just say the, ah, immigration process to enter your country took quite a while. my patron finally brought me through. she made all this possible."

"your patron..."

"oh yes, she doesn't just bring anyone through, mind you- only those who have special talents, such as me. and really, she insists on so little- a store entrance that must be underground so she can, ah, monitor my clientele; and a favour now and then. in exchange for a new life? really, it was the best bargain i'd made in centuries."

piper grabbed onto barbie's arm, as if to say, we need to run. and barbie couldn't agree more. but before they could even do anything, jason called out, "hey, check it out!"

from a rack labeled distressed clothing, he held up a purple t-shirt like the one he'd worn on the school field trip- except this shirt looked as if it had been clawed by tigers. jason frowned, "why does this look so familiar?"

"jason, it's like yours," piper said, "now we really have to leave."

"nonsense," the princess said, "the boys aren't done, are they? and yes, my dear. those shirts are very popular- trade ins from previous customers. it suits you."

barbie was starting to panic. she'd never felt so useless then she did now. she kept trying to speak, but nothing would work. she tried patting her chest, trying to speak, but nothing worked. and she genuinely was starting to panic now. it was like her worst nightmare come to light. her powers were coming back, she would be able to charmspeak medea and overpower her. and then medea decided to silence her and it felt shit. barbie let out a silent scream, shaking in fear and anger.

"your highness," piper said, trying to control her nerves, "why don't you tell the boys how you betrayed your family? i'm sure they'd like to hear that story."