024.

024. *jazz hands* they're back !!

IF BARBIE has a drachma for everytime she lost her voice or something shitty happened to her voice- she'd have two drachmas. which isn't a lot but it's weird that it's happened twice. first with medea (the whole ariel thing still wasn't going- and barbie was starting to believe that leo genuinely thought her name was that) and now when she woke up... her throat hurt. small bits and pieces of her memory came back to her. she was in the abandoned wolf house. they were on a quest. she knew that stuff. obviously she did. she wasn't dumb. but then she tried to remember the other things that had happened. cherry... the green eyes... everything- oh my gods, she thought, am i dead?

no but you gave it your best shot, jerald chuckled.

she blinked slightly, her hearing coming back to her as she heard sobbing- a bit disturbing if she was being honest. she groaned slightly, turning and hissing as she breathed in through her mouth- why did it hurt to breath in?

"owie," she managed, before her throat started to hurt again.

"b-barbie?" she heard cherry sob. barbie opened her eyes, closing and opening them for a second as she tried to adjust to the light, "you're alive."

"course...am," grumbled barbie, "where... we?"

"you should come see," cherry explained, wiping her eyes as she hugged barbie briefly before helping her stand up, "we think jason is dead."

what. the. fuck ?? barbie thought to herself, jason is dead? she blinked a few times, her body aching and her eyes tired and not mention her throat was swollen and burning her. she looked to cherry, her eyes narrowing. no green eyes. normal. good.

"you... okay?" she managed, her voice weak and hoarse.

"i.." cherry took a deep breath, "it was scary- and- i'm so sorry i did that barbie. that..."

"not... you," smiled barbie, wincing slightly, "know."

"i hate how understanding you are," sniffled cherry, still crying as she led barbie over (who was limping), "why aren't you angry at me? i tried to kill you- i tried-"

"not... you," barbie repeated, straining her voice as she tried to form a whole sentence, "all dirtbags fault. not yours. stop saying sorry."

"barbie you shouldn't be talking that much!" cherry muttered in a worried tone, "you might lose your voice-"

"no... coward," barbie managed, "happened before."

cherry sighed, clearly noticing that barbie was far too stubborn. barbie hissed slightly as her ankle brushed something, and cherry held onto her a bit tighter. they stopped in front of a crowd. or well... not a crowd- but a few people.

"she's awake, guys," cherry spoke, "anybody have any ambrosia?"

"he's not waking up," piper spoke, probably unaware of barbie, "why isn't he waking up? jason? jason!"

leo silently passed cherry a small bit of necar, which cherry slowly gave to barbie. it burned her throat-but in a good way, tasting of hot chocolate, making her feel warm inside. she felt the nectar work, making her throat less pained. but when barbie tried to speak, she found her voice cracking as she asked, "what happened to him?"

"it's no use, child," her a spoke from behind barbie- making her jump. she turned around, glaring at hera.

"oh so her majesty is back now?" barbie managed to say, her voice hoarse and cracking.