PART ONE - EVIL VIBE

"Please tell me you didn't find another dead body."

"Can't we just enjoy a stroll through the woods?" Stiles asked in exasperation.

"At three in the morning?"

"Exercising is best done early?"

Scott rolled his eyes, slapping his best friend's shoulder. Stiles complained and swatted his hand away.

The two boys trudged through the woods, bickering as they went. They shoved each other between jokes.

But one of the pushes delivered by Scott was a little too rough. Stiles tripped over his feet and stumbled down a small decline.

He landed on his face, splattering in the dirt. Scott laughed uproariously, struggling to breathe between each interval.

"Oh shut up."

The alpha stopped laughing but kept his smile on his face. He carefully jumped down to where he laid. He offered a hand up to Stiles, pulling him up.

The boy brushed the leaves and dirt off his clothes, grumbling under his breath. It was the only time during the night that Stiles had really stopped making a lot of noise.

It allowed Scott to hone in on his other senses. His hearing, specifically.

A distant branch snapped. The snap was followed by the rustling of leaves and footfalls.

Scott's face fell and his grip on Stiles weakened. The latter felt the difference and looked up, searching his face.

"What is it?"

Scott pressed his finger to his lips, gesturing for his best friend to be silent. Stiles closed his mouth and waited for Scott's signal.

The boy furrowed his brows and heard another twig snap. His head turned toward the direction of the sound. He took quiet steps closer, inching around trees and bushes.

Stiles followed him. Together, they passed a line of trees and saw a clearing.

Their breath was held as they spotted a lone figure curled up in the middle of the grass. Scott could smell the blood from his position and ran forward. Stiles tried to stop him but his hold was shrugged off.

Scott and Stiles ran towards the figure. They kneeled down to the body, noticing that it was a girl.

Blood poured from her torso, caused by claw marks. Her limbs trembled and her breath came out sporadically.

"Okay, I know I dragged you out here to look for a dead body but I really just wanted some bro time," Stiles stated, "I didn't actually mean for us to find a dead body."

Scott rolled the girl over on her back. She groaned and her eyes fluttered.

"She's not dead."

He picked her up carefully and hefted her up in his arms. Stiles ran in front of them as they hurried back to his car.

They made it back to Stiles' Jeep and hopped in. Scott got in the backseat, holding the girl in his lap.

"Head to the clinic," he instructed, "Deaton might be able to help."

Stiles nodded and started the car, driving quickly. Scott tried to keep the girl in his arms awake, tapping her face lightly.

"What's your name?" he asked.

Her eyes fluttered open enough for him to catch her hazel eyes.

"Maia..." she croaked.

She panted in pain. Sweat beaded her forehead and blood stuck to every part of her. Scott's hands were covered in the crimson, smudging on his clothes too.