WE ARE BLOOD

"Eric?"

The man slowly turned around with wild, red eyes. Maia instantly gulped in fear and she scrambled to her feet.

Roan ran forward, taking off his jacket and offering it to the man. Eric glanced at him in confusion, as if he didn't recognize his childhood friend.

But his clouded memory began to return and he remembered his best friend standing before him. He accepted the long jacket and pulled it on, covering his body.

He looked up, spotting Maia standing frozen in place. She dared not to make a move for fear of setting him off, as it did when they were children.

His eyes glowered dangerously. His hatred for his sister hadn't dulled, even in death. He bared his fangs and jumped at her.

She tried to move but his claws sunk into her shoulder. She cried out as she hit the ground, screwing her eyes shut in fear of facing the reality.

"Leave her alone!" Scott shouted, banging against the mountain ash barrier.

Eric ignored him momentarily as he took his claws and slashed down on her face. She screamed in pain, forgetting all defensive actions.

The scream echoed in the woods, allowing the rest of the pack to locate them. They came running onto the scene, halting when they saw the brother and sister grapple.

Scott turned to them in worry, shouting at them to run. But they didn't heed his warning. Instead, they watched the girl they always believed was strong, get hurt.

"We should've killed you before you ever had a chance to grow up!" he growled, "We should've killed Colin and we should've killed you!"

With a sudden burst of self preservation instincts, she used her own claws to slash at his chest. She kicked him off and scrambled to her feet before even looking at where he landed.

She tried to run away but Roan caught her by the waist. She tried to get out of his grasp in time but her brother was already on his feet. Roan held her in place while he menacingly approached.

Her eyes widened in fear and she shook her head, "No, Eric, wait!"

Her words cut off as his hand clutched her throat. She choked on her own words, losing air and blood from the punctures his claws brought.

Although feeling conflicted, the pack hated to watch the scene. Argent ran forward and broke the seal that held Scott in. With the help of the other werewolves, they charged at the resurrected alpha.

Eric turned around instantly. He tossed Maia to the side, leaving her to thump in the dirt. With the help of Roan, he faced the attack of the McCall pack.

Liam, Kira, and Malia charged at Roan. He met them with a loud growl and skillfully fought them.

Argent stood in the back with Lydia and Stiles, seeing as they were only human. He handed Stiles a gun from his back pocket before hefting up his crossbow.

"I don't know how to shoot a gun!" Stiles exclaimed.

"You point and pull the trigger," Argent explained simply, lining his weapon up to his eyesight.

"Just shoot it, Stiles!" Lydia urged, watching as the battles got worse.

Eric, on the other hand, fought Scott and Derek, hurting them with each blow.

Most of the reason the Arceneaux pack was so feared was because they were alphas. But others knew that every child born within the family was raised to be as vicious and relentless as possible.

They were trained from an early age and they were taught control. They were given opportunities to let their anger get the best of them, and they allowed them to express it by fighting.

The people they took in, such as Roan, were taught the same thing. While the Argent's has their code for hunting, the Arceneaux's had their own: you fight to kill.

That in itself is why the pack stood no chance against the werewolves. As much as they tried, they would never be able to defeat them if they weren't willing to get their hands bloody.

All of the supernatural creatures of the McCall pack, except for Lydia, were beaten to the ground. Even Stiles and Agrent, who had joined the fight in the last moments, ended up next to their bloodied comrades.

Eric pulled Scott and Derek up by their throats. Both men weakly tried to shove his hand off but he was too strong. His resurrection had magnified his strength beyond belief.

To the left of them was Roan, holding Stiles up in a headlock position. He glared at Malia in warning, seeing the girl prepare to save her boyfriend.

Eric nodded to his companion, "Kill them."

"Wait!"

Maia weakly pushed herself up. Her own blood loss made her limbs numb and her mind fuzzy. But she was clearheaded enough to see that her friends were in danger.

She ran to her brother, daring to clutch his arm. She pulled down on it and forced his gaze on her.

"Eric, please stop," she begged, "I'll do anything just don't hurt them."

He snarled, his grip around their throats growing tighter.

"Please stop!"

"Why?" he snapped, "You killed your entire family without so much as a blink! Why would you care if I killed some random strangers?"

"Because you aren't my family anymore!" she retorted.

He shouted in anger and dropped the boys. They fell to the ground, gasping for air.

He grabbed her throat instead, pulling her dangerously close to his sharp fangs. She whimpered as his grip made bruises on her jaw.

"I am the only family you have left," he said lowly, "And as much as I wish you were never my sister, we are blood. And yet, you killed me."

"And I would do it again," she sneered.

His nostrils flared and he raised his hand, striking her with a powerful blow. She let out a yelp of pain as her face was struck to the side.

The pack jumped at the action. Stiles struggled in Roan's grip, angrily trying to attack Eric.

"I'm going to kill your friends," he threatened, "And then I'm going to kill you."

"Wait," she conceded, "I'll do whatever you want. Just leave them alone."

He narrowed his eyes, "Anything?"

She nodded vigorously.

"I want you to bring back the rest of our family."

Derek lifted his bloodied face, "Maia, don't do it."

Eric kicked his leg out and knocked Derek back. Maia shouted in protest but her brother's grip only tightened.

"Leave him alone!"

"Do we have a deal or not?"

She glanced at the pack in worry, seeing the present threat to their lives.

It gave her no other choice.

"Deal."

---