TESTS

"I'm honestly fine."

"You're honestly not."

Maia glared at Liam as he argued against her. He held his hands up in surrender but Stiles nodded in agreement.

"He's right. You shouldn't even be awake right now."

She accepted the ice pack Derek handed her. She placed it on her head to relieve her migraine.

"I feel perfectly normal."

They all turned to look at the door as Melissa walked in. She noticed that the entire pack, plus Argent and Deaton, were sitting in the small hospital room.

She awkwardly waved and moved over to the bed Maia sat in. She checked her vitals to make sure everything was fine.

Stiles voiced his concerns to her and she sighed, "I can run a few tests."

Maia looked at the boy, "Would it make you shut up?"

He nodded vigorously.

"Okay, fine," she conceded, "Let's do some tests."

Melissa smiled lightly before requesting that everyone file out of the room so she could prep the girl. Everyone except for Derek left, standing out in the hallway.

"Are we sure she's not already taken over?" Malia asked skeptically, "You guys said she was seconds away from completing the ritual."

She pointedly stared at Deaton and Liam.

"She looks fine to me," Liam shrugged.

Malia shook her head, "I still don't trust her."

Stiles turned to her with an annoyed expression. Everyone could tell that he was about to let go of his pent up anger.

"If you don't trust her, then you don't trust me," he stated, "Because I believe every word that she's saying. And until proven otherwise, that is the same old badass, sarcastic, and charming Maia Arceneaux that I know."

All of their faces lifted in shock. Even Malia's did, and she backed up a step. The intense look in his eyes made her wary.

Scott tried to calm things down, "I agree. We can't think of her as a threat until she actually is one."

He waited for someone to respond but no one did. He sighed in satisfaction and turned to Argent, "Do you have anything useful?"

The man shook his head, "Roan still refuses to talk and I wasn't able to track where Eric had gone after the ritual."

"I can help you try again," Liam offered.

Scott nodded, "Great. You two will see if he left a trail. The rest of us will stay here and guard the hospital. Eric will keep trying to get to Maia so we need to protect her."

He awaited an argument but none came. He expected Malia to say something but the girl seemed upset that Stiles had shouted at her earlier. She simply crossed her arms and pursed her lips.

They all split up and took different floors. Scott and Kira took the first floor and watched the entrance. Lydia and Malia guarded the elevator to the floor that Maia was on. And Derek and Stiles stayed by her side, following her into the MRI room.

Derek was concerned about what they would see so he spoke privately with the McCall woman to discuss the details. Stiles stayed with Maia as she quickly changed into a hospital gown.

Once she was changed, she climbed onto the bench and swung her legs off the edge. She nervously twiddled her thumbs and kept her face lowered.

"Nervous?" Stiles asked.