IMMEASURABLE

"I'm not here to steal anything, I promise."

Maia held her hands up in awkward surrender. She politely smiled at Kira's parents, whose door she stood in front of.

The adults glanced at each other cautiously.

"What do you want then?" the man asked.

"I wanted to ask you about something called a nogitsune."

The mother's face paled and her eyes became cold.

"Do not meddle in things you do not understand."

She tried to shut the door but Maia placed a firm hand to stop it. She begged with the woman to tell her more.

"Nogitsune's are dark spirits that should not be taken lightly," the woman warned ominously, "You must stop your questions and let it rest."

She closed the door with a loud bang. Maia sighed and slumped over. She turned to walk back to Stiles' but Kira and Scott were in the driveway.

They looked at her quizzically.

"What are you doing here?" Kira asked.

Maia shoved her hands in her pockets, "I just wanted to apologize to your parents. You know, for stealing your mom's talisman."

"I remember," Kira snapped.

The girl turned around to say a brief goodbye to her boyfriend. She simply glared at Maia as she passed by and entered her house.

Scott sympathetically glanced at her. He held out a helmet in his hand, "Want a ride?"

She nodded and accepted the helmet. She hopped onto the back of his dirt bike and held onto his waist.

"Can you take me to see Roan?"

He nodded and started up his bike. He quickly drove them down to where Argent was holding the werewolf.

Their journey was silent until they got off. Maia handed him the helmet back and waited for him to secure it.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," he shrugged.

"How dangerous is a nogitsune?"

He sharply inhaled and his gaze snapped up to hers. He debated on whether to answer it but he decided to tell the truth.

"Very."

"Worse than Eric?"

He nodded, "And they're harder to kill."

"But they are killable."

"So is Eric," he pointed out.

He led her inside the building and towards the stairs that led to the basement.

"But-"

"Listen Maia," he interrupted, "I know what you're thinking but it won't work. Using a nogitsune to fight your brother would only end up hurting us. Dark spirits like to play tricks and the biggest trick would be betraying us."

"But what if we could control it?" she questioned, "We could use its strengths to beat Eric and then we can banish it again."

"It doesn't work like that."

He opened the door to the room, allowing her to walk in first. She sighed and shut her mouth about the conversation.

She spotted Argent sitting at a desk. The desk was covered in gun parts, which he was casually cleaning.