THIRD FLOOR

"How is she?"

Scott met Stiles in the waiting room of the hospital. The boy had called his best friend after Maia had successfully been stitched up.

"She's fine," he sighed, "Lydia is with her now."

Scott nodded and shoved his hands in his pockets. He didn't know how to comfort his friend because he wasn't fully sure about how to deal with the girl.

"Scott," Stiles started, "We need to take down Eric as soon as possible."

"We will."

"Every time we mention her brother, Maia becomes instantly terrified. And if he did this to her now, I can only imagine what she went through as a kid."

"I know."

Scott scratched the back of his neck and looked down the hall. Stiles noticed the conflicted look on his face.

"Do you want to talk to her?" he asked quietly.

"Maybe later," he muttered, "Besides, I don't think I'm the person she really wants to talk to."

Stiles nodded in agreement. He tried to bring up the pack forgiving her, but he was cut off by the power shutting down.

The lights turned off and they were enveloped in darkness. Stiles looked around, trying to make sure that Scott was still with him.

He didn't realize how close the boy actually was until the backup generator kicked in a minute later. The emergency lights came on and illuminated their faces.

Stiles swiveled his head and shrieked girlishly as he came face to face with Scott. The werewolf jumped in surprise before they both calmed down.

"What are the odds that this is your everyday power outage?" Stiles asked quietly.

"I'd say not likely."

They ran past all the nurses and patients that scrambled to get to a safe place. They moved as fast as they could to Maia's room.

But when they finally got there, the bed was empty and no one was there.

"Where did they go?" Scott asked.

Stiles shook his head to tell him that he was just as confused.

Meanwhile, Maia and Lydia were running on the stairs. Lydia wrapped her arm around the girl's waist and helped her move.

They left the room as soon as the lights went down. Maia knew that it had to be an attack so she pushed herself to get up and dragged Lydia out of harms way.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"Anywhere away from civilians."

Lydia nodded and led her to the third floor where the morgue was. But when they came through the door, Roan was waiting down the hall for them.

They stopped in their place and fearfully watched for his next move.

He grinned evilly, stepping closer to the girls.

"You shouldn't have left," he said lowly.

Lydia turned to the girl and whispered to her, "Maia, cover your ears."

"What?"

"Just do it."

She let go of her hold on the girl and covered her ears as instructed. Lydia turned to the werewolf and let out a high pitched scream.

The sound tore through the building, alerting Scott and Stiles. They knew that Lydia's scream meant trouble, so they followed origin of the sound.

Killer | Derek HaleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara