DEAD BODIES

"You're frustrating."

Derek gripped the steering wheel tightly. He had been trying to pry her intentions out of her the whole car ride but she revealed nothing.

"I know. It's one of my talents."

She casually picked her nails while she responded. She sighed and lazily let her head rest against the cool window.

"What exactly are you looking for in Beacon Hills?" he asked, "What is here that you can't find somewhere else?"

"A true alpha, for one."

His breath hitched slightly at the straight answer. He continued to press on.

"What else?"

"It's a talisman of sorts. I've been told it's a rare artifact the originated in Asia during the creation of the Han dynasty."

"What would you need with a talisman?" he pried.

She scoffed and turned her head towards him.

"Seriously? You think I'm gonna spill all my secrets just like that?" she laughed, "Derek, you tried to torture the answers out of me for three days and that didn't work. And you thought playing nice and flashing your pearly white smile would make me crack?"

He rolled his eyes, "Would killing you shut you up?"

"Probably not, actually. My voice would just endlessly haunt you."

They stayed silent as the car passed through the back roads. They drove by the edge of the forest, rustling up piles of leaves as they went.

But a scent caught her nose as they passed by a large opening in the woods. She slapped a hand on Derek's arm, causing him to stiffen.

"Stop."

"What?"

"Stop the car," she ordered.

He questioned her but did it anyway. Once the car was parked, she unbuckled her seatbelt and got out. She jogged closer to the forest opening, following the scent.

Derek followed her, grumbling under his breath as she led him further in.

"If you're taking me out here to kill me then you should know that I'll fight back," he warned.

She ignored him and continued walking purposefully. They passed an old campsite that seemed to be occupied for the moment. Tents were set up around the small fire pit but no one was around.

No one alive anyway.

She stopped at the edge of the site, taking in the overwhelming smell. Derek caught up to her and stood by her side. He finally caught the scent that she had and he stood mortified.

He slowly observed each tent. All of the tan material used to create the shelter was now doused in red blood. They could hear flies buzz from inside, presumably where the bodies were rotting.

"It must've been the alpha," he breathed.

She took carefully steps closer to the tents. She pulled the flap back and spotted the corpses, each with blood mixing into the other ones.

Derek winced at the strong smell but she seemed unphased. She moved onto the next tent and found the same thing.

"This isn't the first time we've dealt with murderous alpha. It won't be the last," he mumbled.