TWISTED WORDS

"Just calm down and-"

"Oh bite me, Hale."

Maia huffed as she stormed ahead. Her heavy footfalls accurately described her anger and disgust after having fallen into the pit of bodies.

As soon as they realized that the bodies were all around them, they climbed out as soon as possible. Their clothes ended up covered in blood from landing on the mauled corpses.

They called Stiles and Scott to update them on the crime scene. Stiles ended up being on the receiving end of Maia's wrath.

After the call, the pair decided to let the police handle it. They trudged back to towards Derek's car while he tried to calm her anger.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work.

"Lydia gave me this shirt and I don't think she'll appreciate the new style," she muttered, tugging out the fabric to see the blood smears more clearly.

As they neared the edge of the woods near the road, she caught sight of a flashlight being shone in their direction.

She quickly grabbed Derek and shoved him behind a large tree. She pressed close to him to conceal both of their bodies.

"Hey!" the police officer shouted, "This area is restricted!"

He caught sight of movement as the pair had gone to hide. Knowing that they'd been caught, they needed an escape plan.

Derek glanced at her, "What do we do?"

She stayed quiet as she dared to peek around the tree. The policeman stood at the edge of the woods, moving his flashlight side to side. He nervously moved closer, taking hesitant steps to confirm his suspicions.

Maia looked back at Derek's shirt and her own. She tugged at her own and pulled it over her head, "Off."

His eyes widened, "What?"

"We're covered in blood," she stated, "Take it off."

She smushed her shirt into a ball to conceal as much blood as possible. Derek seemed to be in shock, so she started to lift the material over his head for him. He finally started to get the idea and he removed it himself. They tossed their shirts to the side of them, letting it hit the ground.

"Now what?"

She could hear the footsteps getting closer. The edge of the light beam was about to hit them, so they needed to act quick.

She saw his eyes widened briefly as she pulled his lips to hers. He was frozen in shock for a moment but then closed his eyes and relaxed.

His hands found her waist while she pressed him up against the tree, putting zero distance between their bodies.

Everything happened too quickly to fully comprehend.

One moment, it was a somewhat gentle kiss. But the second after, it turned into a passionate dance between the lips. His tongue swept over her bottom lip out of habit. Her hands tangled into his hair and ran over his chest.

For the briefest of seconds, it was just the two of them.

But then the beam of the flashlight hit their faces straight on. They jumped away, separating lips but not bodies. They covered their eyes from the intrusion before the policeman diverted the beam.

He sighed in relief from the lack of threat. But he rolled his eyes when he saw what they were doing.

"Find someplace else lovebirds," he ordered, "This area is off limits."