Death - - Kylo Ren

WORD COUNT: 804

"Y/N!" How the fuck did you manage to get into this situation? "Y-Y/N, hold on!" His voice was distant, almost like a whisper in your ear

His voice was distant, almost like a whisper in your ear.
Everything was blurry, the heat from exploding ships nearby was a contrast to the cold hands on yours.
They moved up to cup your cheeks and force you to stare at a blurry, dark figure – something you found you couldn't manage by yourself.

"Hi." You croaked out, feeling blood rise up in your throat.
The cuts on your legs, everywhere, was painful, the pressure on your chest was almost suffocating and you couldn't help but try to clear your throat.
That led to cough after cough of blood spilling out of your mouth. The dark figure hissed out, moving to pull you into Him, His arms supporting you.
Blood dribbled down your chin, you could sense His worry, His anger, the fear radiating off of this man as He tried to keep pressure anywhere He could. You cupped His cheek and moved your fingers down His jaw, knowing this small act would get Him to stare at you.

"You're so blurry." You mumbled, moving your bloody fingers down to His chin and then to His neck, making sure He was looking at you.
Not your wounds
Or General Hux yelling at those poor stormtroopers
Or the rebels yelling commands to each other.
You.

"You're gonna be okay... just ho–hold on a little longer." You could feel His long, dark hair tickling your cheek, water on your forehead. A tear. For you.

"I'm holding on to you, that's all that matters." He scoffs, another tear. You feel lightheaded.

"Y/N don't be so stupid! I need to get you to a medic." Hands pressed tighter on your stomach and you whined at the pain. It was unbearable– you could feel the tears welling up in your eyes.
He shifted, just enough to make you gasp and grab his bicep. That hurt.

"It's too late." You choked out, where did that come from?

"Please don't talk like that."

"Kylo, you need to go, you'll die too." He shifted you in His arms so you were sitting almost upright, clinging to his neck with what strength you had left.
Your shoulder rested against His chest in an attempt to help keep you upright and His arms encircled your waist.

"I can still save you!" You smiled softly, His eyes coming into focus.
Sad, soft brown eyes that were usually fixed as a hard gaze, a cruel pair of eyes that softened for you and only you.
His apprentice
His confidante
His lover.

"Baby, you gotta listen to me." You whispered softly, brushing your fingertips against His cheekbone. "You need to leave, you need to go before the rebels converge on us."
His lips quivered and parted, letting out a soft whine;
different from when you'd leave His grip in the mornings for a shower;
sadder than His usual teasing tone when you'd refuse to kiss Him any longer.

"No–"

"Kylo Ren don't make me smack you." You gritted your teeth.
He just stared at you, a tear slipping down His cheek and making contact with your thumb.
He stared into your eyes,
He loved you with all of His heart– there wasn't a day that went by where He didn't adore you and anything you did.
Now here you were; you took, quite literally, a bullet for Him and as a consequence for letting you come along on this god damn mission,
you were bleeding out slowly in His arms.
His love, his angel, his world.

"Y/N, nothing you say is going to make me leave you."
He whispered softly to you. "I love you."
It had been the first time he had ever said that.
He was merely a pawn of Snoke – if He expressed how He felt towards you– a general, someone expendable, then Snoke would make sure that you were out of His life.

"I love you too." You smiled softly, feeling exhausted.
You rested your head against his shoulder and sighed, closing your eyes.
Slowly, He lay down in the dirt of some planet He had no interest in remembering.
Everything else was dull, the fighting, the explosions, all He could focus on was your face; your heartbeat, your fading life force.

"Stars shining bright above you..." you started to sing softly, something you'd hum to Him as you pulled Him back to sleep after a nightmare.
His eyes filled with tears and He didn't even try to stop the cry that left His trembling lips.
"Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"" you stroked his face, your voice getting weaker.
You lay your hand flat against His cheek, unable to move it.
"Birds singing in the sycamore tree. Dream a little... dream of..."