broken kyber krystals - - rey x troubled!reader

WORD COUNT: 1308

You kneeled on the Forrest floor freaking out; you'd dismantled your lightsaber and held the broken Kyber crystal in the palm of your hand, tears falling down your face

This seriously can't be happening!

Your master, Kylo Ren had taken you deep underground to one of the final standing planets to harbour kyber krystals to pick out yours. Then he helped you to develop your duel lightsaber, sleek and black with shiny silver around the bottom and tip of the hilt.

Even now after the light had claimed you once more, the threat of your old master still loomed over you.
You could hear him in your head, whispering to you, bone chillingly seducing you back into his clutches.

And it was working.

You stared at the throbbing kyber crystal, pieces strewn in your hands varying in blues and reds, the mixed purple tint illuminated against your skin.
A harsh cry erupted from your throat, head pounding from the soft words echoing inside your mind, eyes squeezed shut and hands clenched into fists around your once perfectly intact crystal.

"Y/N?" A soft voice called out from behind the foliage of the forest. You sunk your chin into your chest, kneeling away from the lulling voice.

"I can't get him out of my head." You whimpered, feeling your masters fingers dig into your throat, the phantom sensation tingling your skin with fear.

be with me y/n.

"No!" You roared, launching the krystal pieces from your hands into the grass, hands holding your body steady over the soil.
Your body felt heavy with conflict, nails digging into the dirt, body shaking with guilt. The figure stared at you, horror and pity mixing in her chest. You felt it too and turned to glare at her. "Don't you dare pity me!"

"I just want to help you, Y/N. This is what Kylo wants! Don't let him smother the light within you." Rey knelt down in front of you and softly wiped the tears from your cheeks with the pads of her thumbs.

"He won't let me go... my lightsabers ruined now..." You whined out, wanting nothing more than to just fade away into nothing.

she cannot help you the way i can, my loyal apprentice.

"Block him out, Y/N. You're so strong, I know you can do that for me." Rey whispered softly, you shook your head slowly, feeling the cold run up your spine.

"I-I can't." You choked out. Rey forced you to look up at her, eyes full of determination and certainty.

be with me once more y/n
you deserve great power