your royal highness - - obi wan kenobi x royal!reader

Y/H/P = Your Home Planet
B/N = Brothers Name
H/C = Hair Colour

WORD COUNT: 1217

"So you're the two best Jedi the council can offer?" The dark marble throne your brother sits on glistens in the y/h/p sunlight

"So you're the two best Jedi the council can offer?" The dark marble throne your brother sits on glistens in the y/h/p sunlight. The royal blue jewels sparkled on the deep golden crown, the one that belonged to your father before he and your mother perished in that fire several months ago.
Your planet stood neutral when it came to the Separatist and Republic squabble. That was apparently going to change. Now your brother, B/N, King of Y/H/P had been called upon by the Jedi council to discuss a change to your planets position and what the Republic could offer if B/N were to agree to your planet becoming apart of the Republic Senate.

"Jedi Masters Yoda and Windu would've been here, your Majesty, but they were held up with some affairs so they sent us in their absence." The older of the two, Master Kenobi, spoke with kindness in his tone. You stood next to your brothers throne, a light blue dress hugging your body. You placed your hand softly on his shoulder, making him look up at you.

"Give them a chance to talk, B/N." You stated, keeping your chin up. Your tone to your brother was soft, yet strong. You remembered who you were addressing; despite the strong sibling bond your brother was still your king.

"Very well." Your brother nodded to you. He turned his attention back to the two Jedi. "My dearest sister insists I listen to you. Y/N, why don't you escort these two gentlemen to the drawing room? I have a few matters at hand to attend to before we launch into this discussion." You nodded your head and curtsied to him before descending the stairs, the older Jedi walking up to you and holding out his hand for you to take. With one hand clenched around your long dress, holding it up, you took Obi Wan's hand with your free one and let him walk you down the stairs.

"If you'll follow me, Jedi, we'll take up residence in the drawing room. Afternoon tea will be provided." You nodded to two servants who bowed in return and scurried off to have afternoon tea prepared for you.

"Your castle is quite beautiful." The younger of the two, Anakin, commented, earning a sweet smile from you, long H/C curls moving with your head turn.

"Thank you, Padawan Skywalker." You replied, walking ahead of the two. "My family take pride in keeping our palace immaculate, we have a reputation to uphold." As soon as you made it to the drawing room, Anakin's communicator went off and he showed a frustrated scowl on his face, whispering something to his Master. Obi Wan nodded his head.

"Your highness," Anakin bowed to you, and rising to meet your eyes. "Thank you for your hospitality but I must be on my way." You nodded softly, holding out your hand.

"That's a shame, You'll miss afternoon tea!" Anakin laughed softly, taking your hand and shaking it.

"I'm sure my Master will be good enough company for you, Princess Y/N." You glanced at Master Kenobi and pretended to size him up, tapping your index finger against your chin.

"I suppose he'll do for now."

"Your highness, I'm wounded." Obi Wan stated, a tone of mock hurt littering his voice.

"Depending on how well this discussion goes, Skywalker, I'll be seeing you again." Anakin smiled softly and bowed once more before exiting the room. The room was quiet, except for the birds chirping outside; the light streamed in through the opened doors that lead to the balcony that overlooked your kingdom and the vast forests that stretched across as far as your eyes would let you see.
You watched the Jedi Master walk around the room, inspecting the paintings that hung along the walls, painted by local artists and framed in gold.

"This room is quite exquisite." Obi Wan remarked, turning his bearded face to you. You scanned his blue eyes, a light smirk gracing your lips.

"I like to think it's a good diversion tactic." You replied strolling up to him and standing next to the Jedi, glancing up at the paintings. "Their beauty captures the guests attention and we can make them agree to whatever we want." The Jedi stared at you, captivated by how you held your self, shoulders rolled back in a calm yet guarded matter, lips pulled into a thin smile, eyes bright and hopeful.
You felt eyes on you and turned your head, e/c eyes staring into a pair of blue ones. "Is it working?"

"Pardon?"

"My diversion technique." Obi Wan chuckled, folding his arms over his chest.

"Not quite, princess." You frowned. "Besides, it is I who must convince you to join the Republic Senate." You shook your head, moving away from the Jedi and out onto the balcony.

"Not me, Master Kenobi." Obi Wan followed you onto the balcony and watched you bask in the delicate rays of the three suns orbiting y/h/p. "You must convince my brother." Your face that was turned upright to the sun dipped and your eyes closed, hands rested on the railing. "After the death of our parents, the Republic refused to help find who did it. We were left by ourselves and my brother almost drove himself insane finding the culprits." You confessed. Out the corner of your eyes, you watched Obi Wan move closer to you, placing a soft hand atop of yours. The act was meant o show comfort, but now he felt it was more on the affectionate side of things. "He's going to be difficult to convince, Master Kenobi."

"And what about you?" He asked, engrossed in your eyes. "Would you perhaps listen to what I have prepared? Consider helping me sway the king?" You glanced down at his hand on top of yours, cheeks tinting a soft light pink.

"Perhaps, Master Kenobi." You replied meeting his gaze. He stared at you with something more than just interest in you, his eyes pierced into your heart, like he could see right through you. This made your heart beat in your throat, the heat rose to your cheeks and you couldn't help the little grin that spread across your lips. "What have you got to say?" Obi Wan removed his hand from yours and you felt the cold breeze against your skin, his warm palm keeping the top of your hand safe from the wind. He held out his arm and you slid your hand through, letting him guide you back inside where a fresh tray of treats sat with a light coloured tea pot and matching teacups.

"Well, where should I start?" Obi Wan mumbled, mostly to himself. You placed your free hand against his forearm.

"Wherever you do start, Master, I assure you I'll try my very best to stay awake."

"Are you afraid I'll bore you, Princess?" You smiled lightly at his teasing tone, eyes still staring down at you.

"Quite the opposite, I must admit." You replied, leaning a little closer to him. "I'm not a big fan of politics." Obi Wan chuckled.

"Nor am I, dear." Your smile grew at his words. "I do believe we have that in common."