dancing - - armitage hux

WORD COUNT: 653

It had been more than a rough day for you; a cold shower at 3am, working out with the other lieutenants at 4 only to end up with a bad muscle in your shoulder

It had been more than a rough day for you; a cold shower at 3am, working out with the other lieutenants at 4 only to end up with a bad muscle in your shoulder. To make it worse, Kylo Ren shouted–no– screamed at you because of the wrongdoings that the generals under your command had caused, which meant more paperwork and a late dinner that had gone cold by the time you'd gotten to it and frustrated scribbles in your notes—

"Y/N?" Your nose was in your holopad, scanning notes to make sure their consistency was correct.

"I'm here." You called back, you knew Hux's footsteps well; early mornings when he had to sneak away, late nights spent stumbling through the dark to your or his bed.
Soft hands clasped your shoulders and his lips pressed to the top of your head.

"My love, have you been working all night?" You nodded your head, sighing in frustration.

"My unit is messing up to the point where Ren's legit fantasising about murdering me."

"Please never use Rens' name and fantasising in the same sentence when it refers to you." You chuckled, feeling his hands leave your shoulders and move down your arms softly. "I'm going for a shower, care to join me?" Hux softly kissed your cheek, then your jaw and down your neck.

"I can't, I'm close to finishing these papers." You replied, glancing up at your ginger lover. "I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you though." You grabbed his hand. Hux smiled softly at you and brought your hand to his lips, kissing the back of it.

"Don't stress. Get this done and there may be a calming bath in your future." He winks and leaves you alone.

When the general walks back into your room, your lying face down on the bed; desk clear of paper work signalling your task being finally completed.

"I hate life!" You yelled into the bed. Hux chuckled and you felt the bed dip next to you. You could smell the scented soap and his hair products as he kissed the back of your shoulders, slowly massaging them. You stayed like that for the next few minutes, letting the man you love comfort you.

"Darling, the life of a Lieutenant is difficult." The weight on the bed shifted and soon music flooded into your ears. Hux had chosen a soft, classical ballad - one of your favourites - and when you rose up on your elbows Hux was standing with his hand outstretched. "Dance with me?" He asked with a bashful smile. You grinned and jumped from the bed into his arms, the two of you laughing as he twirled the pair of you around.

You rested your head on Hux's chest, a hand clasped in his and the other around his neck while his free hand rested around your waist, making sure you were as close as possible.
You swayed softly to the violins and cellos, pianos and soft acoustic guitars taking in Hux's scent and the calming rhythm of his heartbeat.

"Are you feeling any better, Y/N?" You smiled at the vibrations from his chest and nodded your head, not realising how tired stressing over your unit had made you.

"Much better." You mumbled, letting your feet and Hux's grip on your waist and had guide you. He pulled away as the song ended and kissed you on your forehead; you took the opportunity to change into one of his shirts for bed.

"I always love seeing you in my clothes." Hux stated holding out his hand from the bed. You smiled and jumped into his arms, making him fall back into the pillows.

"I think it's look a lot better on the ground." You remarked into his lips. He chucked before connecting his lips to yours, his fingers grazing your back underneath his shirt.

"I think we can make that happen."