|9| The Masquerade

I wonder if you're lonesome tonightYou know someone said that the world's a stageAnd each must play a part

You know someone said that the world's a stage
And each must play a part

Are you Lonesome Tonight
by Elvis Presley 

•••••••••

I'm going to kill someone.

I'm exaggerating but right now it feels like I could. I have always had a short temper, something that I know I need to work on but my lack of patience on top of that makes me a world of terror. Especially when it comes to work, there are things I don't want to do but I am forced to because of my contract. That doesn't mean I don't give my manager hell about it.

James' voice follows me as I enter my kitchen and pour myself a drink. The phone resting on the counter in front of me, "You have to go, Envy, I'm sorry if I could get you out of it, I would, but everyone is going to be there. It is for the press and performers are required to show up, especially you after your show with Adonis,"

Adonis. Just the mention of his name brings me back to the last time I saw him. The heated session we had together in front of the camera, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. The overwhelming sensation of having him inside me, so full I thought I would explode every time he curled his hips in. He taught me how deep sin could go.

It was my first experience with pleasure that wasn't my own. Making someone else feel good and having another touch me in a new intimate way. Nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

I'm conflicted about after. When the show was over and he took me again. No cameras and no one watching me but him. Again and again, until I couldn't physically take it anymore. I was barely aware of anything when I finally fell asleep. The feeling of his hand running over my hair until I drifted away.

When I awoke, Rowan was gone.

It's been more than two weeks since I last saw him, it has helped that I have been packed with business. My mind is so focused on work that I don't get a chance to reflect on anything else. My new popularity has been insane and I have been stuck doing press releases and interviews for the last few weeks.

I never expected anything like this to happen, my name has been everywhere and now I am not just known in Sin City. I am everywhere.

The only distraction from my work has been my body, everything reminding me of that night. I won't lie and say that I wasn't sore for a good half of the week. Feeling the damage Rowan did on my body every time I moved. It didn't help me ignore my confusing emotions.

Even weeks later, I can hear his moans in my ear. Groaning my name as he took me to the brink. The closest I had ever been to another human being and I felt him enter every fiber of my being.

I am drawn away from my thoughts by James' voice, I can imagine his wide grin when he speaks. Thick eyebrows hallowed over his creasing eyes, "It's going to be so much fun, come on, and as a gift for participating, I have an outfit on its way to your PO box," A heavy sigh leaves my lips once I realize I won't be able to get out of this.