|10| The Business

♪ I'm jealous of the nights

I'm jealous of the nights

That I don't spend with you ♪

Jealous by Labrinth 

•••••••••

The first thought that comes to mind as I walk away from Adonis is, he's going to fuck me up. The sudden confidence falls away and I am forcing myself to remain calm even with his eyes burning holes in my back.

The crowd parts in front of me and I head towards the hallway until I find an empty sitting area, a waiter passes by with drinks and I quickly get one before he disappears. I cradle the drink, breathing hard and rethinking every decision that led me here.

James catches up just as I am taking my first sip, it is rich with a slightly bitter taste, "Envy, what the fuck was that?" He has a stupid shit-eating grin on his face as he wraps his arm around my waist. Holding up a finger, I chug down half the glass of alcohol before opening my mouth to speak,

"Nothing, why do you ask?" He doesn't like my nonchalant answer and pulls me into a nearby hallway. It is darker than the lit area and for a moment, I dare to fall apart. My nerves at an all-time high and my emotions out of whack because of one asshole.

"Cut the shit, Adonis hasn't been able to stop looking at you since he arrived. Then he beelines it towards you, proceeds to feel you up, and then kisses you. I could almost feel the tension rolling off the two of you, so I will ask again, what the fuck was that?"

Fuck, and a whole room filled with people saw that too. Running a hand over my forehead, I sigh nervously, "Honestly, James, I have no fucking idea." When he hears my panic, he squeezes my hand to help calm me. It helps a bit but I am still left reeling from my interaction with Adonis.

Taking a deep breath, I continue, "After the show ended, I expected him to clean up and go home but then he threw me on the bed and fucked me until I was half-conscious. We proceeded to do that all through the night." James' eyes are wide, and he waves at me to continue, "Then I wake up feeling like I've been run over with a truck and he's gone,"

Another deep breath, "Then I see Adonis for the first time in weeks and he acts like this. I already didn't want to have to face him because of how everything went down and then he pulls this crap. So to answer your question, I have no fucking clue what the hell that was."

It isn't a lie. I have never been in a situation like this and it leaves me vulnerable and confused. Two emotions I hate because they remind me of the life I have tried so long to forget. What do I do when I have no experience with anything like this?

James is left with his mouth half open and staring at me with big eyes. I press the flute to his lips and he takes a sip of the alcohol, getting himself together. After a deep breath, he finally speaks, "Damn, Envy," It's his turn to grab his forehead, "That man has got it bad."