my opinion on each of the -mau ships

ALSO !! WEIRDLY ENOUGH I DONT REALLY SHIP AARMAU AND I KINDA WENT AFTER GARMAU AND LAURMAU— I WAS JUST TRYING TO BREAK THEM DOWN AS BEST AS POSSIBLE BUT FOR SOME REASON IT LOOKS LIKE I DONT LIKE THEM OOPS— I LOVE GARMAU AND LAURMAU. ILL ALSO DO AN UPDATED ONE IN THE FUTURE WHEN I REWATCH MCD.

aarmau -
honestly, i'm surprisingly neutral about it. i think he was what aphmau needed at the time. she was obviously struggling with coming back fifteen years later (even though it's not touched on like, at all. i definitely think dante, aphmau and a few others have ptsd from the fifteen years apart.) and trying to figure out what to do with herself, which i think aaron helped her with a lot. i don't agree with how aphmau went about it by leading on laurence and garroth, i personally think she should've been more transparent about it, but it doesn't surprise me. it's in her personality to keep things to herself in worry it'll hurt someone, as a leader. so genuinely, i liked aarmau at the time. it was definitely what was best for her at the time and she deserved happiness.

laurmau -
i love laurence, but i'm shockingly rocky on laurmau. i think the two worked together nicely but it felt very pressured. like they were trying to force something to happen instead of allowing it to come naturally. (the sudden kissing to bring laurence back and him kissing aphmau to seal a promise.) i like that he didn't rush her to make a decision though and always considered garroth's feelings. also, laurence literally turned into a shadow knight to protect her. i feel like that's really brushed over considering a lot of his suffering came from a place of love and honesty. (laurence supremacy. he deserved better.) he also sacrificed so much for her and i'll definitely make a chapter about laurence and aphmau in more detail— also, laurence was definitely what she needed at the time. i think the three main ships (aarmau, garmau and laurmau) are all equally important to aphmau's character development.

garmau -
also kind of rocky on garmau. i love garroth as well, but it's really difficult for me to get over the whole zane thing and sending everyone to the irene dimension. laurence didn't owe garroth anything, nor did aphmau. he never confessed his feelings to aph, so i don't think it was ethically alright for him to be as upset as he was and also not speak to aphmau and laurence about it. however, disregarding that and taking into account he did stay behind to save everyone, i love garmau. aphmau definitely took everything garroth did for her for granted. they had a very good guard x lord dynamic and would've been a very good slow burn. if season three were to continue, i'd definitely want to see garmau.

katemau -
i only ship it platonically. katelyn did so much for aphmau and it's low key underrated. she didn't owe phoenix drop anything but still helped them. overall love their friendship. especially the moment after aaron died and katelyn and her talked.

dantemau -
once again, only platonically. i can't see it going farther than that. (apparently jess can though because they fucked in malachi's castle— which i believe tbh—) they have the playful brother sister dynamic which i adore. and dante sitting in his uniform where aphmau told him to almost every day for fifteen years waiting for her to come back absolutely breaks my heart.