8. Magical Awakening pt(2).

The sun was high in the sky and the town was brimming with life. Dragx and his mother, along with many other parents and their children where waiting outside the Cathedral for their magical affinity test.

Despite setting off for the cathedral at the first sign of the sun. The Mother and Son duo encountered a massive crowd of excited and anxious people. It was obvious that these people came out at wee hours of the morning and gathered here. Some people were probably here since the previous day!

Even the three elusive Mages stationed in the city were present! They sat together on a raised stage; their Mage cloaks covering them completely.

One must know that before the church's people appeared, they never bothered to attend.

In Crestell, the Magical Awakening ceremonies of the past would be noisier and more chaotic than the marketplace. The disorder would get so bad that numerous casualties from fighting and trampling were expected. Due to this, only the participants and their families would dare to show up.

However this year, the place was much more orderly and the crowd is organized and quiet. While the air was full of anxiety and excitement, the people were restrained and cooperative.

Why were they like this? Obviously it was because of the holy knights who surrounded the place! These warriors had towering statures, polished double-edged great swords and were donning gleaming silver armor!

The small but majestic Cathedral had been built here a few years ago. Spreading the faith of the Gods and saving the souls of the living! The church had become well known throughout the city for it's towering height, giant golden bell and it's ferocious holy warriors!

When the church had only just been established two years ago, a group of fools dared to try and rob the church of it's beautiful Bell that was said to be made of pure gold. That day the entire city witnessed the might of the holy knights!

The tale of the short but bloody battle had spread to all the surrounding regions, even the small remote villages! Even the bravest people retracted their necks after seeing the knights mobilized by the church.

Dong! Dong! Dong!

A loud sound of a tolling Bell reverberated throughout the city, shaking the hearts of the people. The huge doors of the cathedral slowly opened up to reveal a old man who wore a kind-hearted smile on his face.

His long, golden acolyte robe almost seemed to glow as he spread his arms out as if hugging the crowd.

"Greetings my brothers and sisters! The blessed day is upon us once again! Today the some of you will looked upon fondly by the Gods........."

As the old Acolyte rambled on, his voice was mysteriously transmitted to the masses without him shouting. However Dragx wasn't listening to him.

While he stood there waiting to enter the church, he couldn't help but to start pondering a few things that he usually tried not to think about it.

One of which is the so called 'Gods', were they real? And if so, would he be smited by them when he stepped into the cathedral?

This thought wouldn't ever spring up back on Earth where he dismissed the very existence a God, Gods or a higher power. As a man of science and logic, Dragx never believed in such things.

However this was not Earth. This was a Magical and nonsensical world that should only exist in novels and anime. Yet here he was. A Reincarnator who remembers his previous life!

Just his presence in this world proved that humans indeed possess souls and are able to be reincarnate! So why couldn't there be Gods and Devils?

His main concern was that, as an 'Illegal Immigrant' in this world, would he be discovered and killed when he stepped into the Cathedral?