10. Departure.

It was late in the evening and the sun was slowly sinking bellow the horizon, bathing the heavens in a beautiful pink colour.

Soon the sun vanishes and darkness engulfs the land. The townsfolk of Crestell city began to light torches and candles to combat the dark. City patrolmen lazily stood at the tightly closed gates of the settlement.

Most of the townsfolk had eaten supper and already turned in for a good night's rest. In this small countryside town, nightly activities usually involved disciplining their children and copulating.

However there was only one place of entertainment in this boring town.

The Leaky Wench!

Despite its frivolous and raunchy name. The Leaky Wench isn't a greasy brothel. In fact it's a fine establishment that brings nightly entertainment to the small town.

Dragx was currently sitting at a small table in this tavern. Across from him sat Tillen, who held a large goat horn mug in one hand while gripping a large clay jug.

"Hehe, I'm not letting ya leave here until we're both drunk!" Tillen grinned as he unsealed the tightly sealed jug with his thumb.

Pop!

The thick and delicious aroma of Mead defused through the air, making its way over to dragx's olfactory nerves. One must remember, that the tavern was crowded with sweaty strongmen who smoked and drunk bitter ale.

In fact, the place was foggy from the excessive amount of tobacco smoke. Yet the sweet scent of Tillen's Mead dominated air surrounding their table.

With a solemn look Tillen carefully poured the sweet purple liquid into the goat horn cup and passed it over to his drinking buddy.

'Wait purple?'

Dragx was puzzled as he reached out to accept the cup. He looked at the purple colour of the beverage as he slushed it around.

Doing this caused the aroma to rise once again. Dragx gulped deeply as the sweet scent assaulted him.

Upon seeing dragx's face, Tillen grinned. "Gertrude collected this here purple honey dew for me when we got married and my Ma made Mead out of it."

Dragx almost hurled. 'Honey dew!'

Honey dew was a liquid that was excreted anally by a rare species of insect that fed on the sugar-rich plant sap in the forests. Due to its rarity and delicious taste. Honey dew was a delicacy around these parts.

No wonder the often goofy and clumsy Tillen looked so solemn while pouring it out!

Dragx didn't fancy drinking alcohol fermented from insect sh#t. However Tillen was obviously using this cherished drink to say farewell to him, so how could he refuse?

'Whatever this should chemically still be sap and its definitely gonna taste good!' Dragx thought as he gritted his teeth and began drinking the contents in the cup.

His eyes widened behind the rim of the cup. 'Oh god this awesome!'

He began to drink more vigorously until he emptied the cup and slammed it down on the table.

"Haha, that's da spirit!" Tillen laughed loudly as he refilled dragx's cup while pouring himself a cup.

O::.

"Ohh, damn....." Dragx groaned in pain. His head throbbed so much he felt as if his brain was swelling and contracting rapidly. Yesterday evening's festivities had left him feeling like a glob of snot.

His throat burned in extreme thirst. He felt as if all the water in the world wouldn't quench his parched soul.

He briefly opened his crust covered eyes, only to screw them shut immediately.