16. The Mage's Quest pt(2).

A dark figure agilely flashed in-between the giant branches of the massive trees within the forest. Its movements akin to a delicate feather fluttering in the wind.

Who else could it be but Barrington Fuller the [Wind Demon]? He was casting a low grade levity spell upon himself. As a result, Fuller was able to easily glide along the canopies of these titanic trees, all while covering vast distances.

The glow of his magic compass was steadily increasing as it guided him to his destination. He had long since left the mortals behind as they would slow him down. Originally he had thought of bringing them along. That way they could continue serving him. They could also became live bait if he ever needed a strategic edge in the future.

But after a thought he changed his mind as he realized that they couldn't keep up with him and would only slow him down. Also this part of the forest was extremely dangerous. Even to himself. There were a great number creatures that were on the same level as him in this part of the forest. These creatures possessed high intelligence and would possibly try to gang up on him. If this happened, he would be overwhelmed.

He was so precautious that he changed from his infamous white robe to a black one. He had applied ointments onto himself in an attempt to mask his scent to ensure that he could travel without being harassed by countless hoards of magical creatures.

While very few of these creatures were within the realms of Pseudo-Mage level, and he could in theory battle them on equal grounds, the battle would be hard and he'd most likely die from the resulting injures. It was a known fact that magical creatures had powerful bodies and gathered massive amounts of magical energy within themselves.

One could say that in terms of magical power, intensity and volume, a Pseudo Mage pitted against a magical creature with magic power alone was similar to a normal human fighting a mortal beast such as a tiger or a bear with their bare hands. It was suicide!

Magic is truly an amazing thing. As it allowed him to glide through the forest with a monkey's agility. This was saying something since he was almost one hundred and fifty years old.

Yet with the power of magic he could run faster than any mortal man or beast. Even other Pseudo-Mages who weren't wind mages couldn't keep up.

After all, he knew more than anyone else where he stood in the Pseudo-Mage level. He only needed some more time of study until he naturally evolved.

However while he could picture the path ahead, it was encased within smoke. It wasn't easy to become a Official Mage. There were several difficult requirements that had to be filled out before one gained the approval of the Mage Foundation.

His large coat also assisted him in achieve partial flight. As he zipped forwards at blinding speeds, he dug into his cloak and removed a dried up green root. The Mage the stuffed it into his mouth and began eating it.

This was another one of the treasures he collected over the years. The [Sky Root] it was a low grade magical herb that allowed an Aero Mage to quickly replenish their Mental reserves.

Unlike the previous magic root he had eaten, this one was harder to digest, hence it's effects took much longer to kick in. This worked to his advantage as the the time he arrived at his destination he would be at peak condition.

0::;

A small fire flickered slowly with it's pit. Constantly emitting warmth and light. Similarly to many places within the magical forest. The trees grew to towering heights, completely blocked the sun's light from touching the forest floor.

So this little fire was akin small beacon within a pitch black forest. Usually this beacon would draw beasts to its location.

But strangely nothing approached the fire. This was a given as most of the beings that lived in the forest were afraid of fire as many of them were plant-type magical creatures.