11. Experiencing Hardship.

A massive group of bandits, hidden in the shadows watched hungrily as a small caravan peacefully travelled along a wide dirt road.

Business had been great lately for this newly formed bandit group. Due to the annual Magical Awakening Ceremony, many such caravans were assembled and speared towards Crestell and the bandits had been able to easily assault and take down dozens of them!

Even though these caravans usually had trained warriors for protection, they were no match for the sheer numbers and ability of the fiendish thieves.

They had been able murder, rob and rape as they pleased. As long as they gave half of their spoils to their secret sponsor, Bart Fehu, who was the wealthiest merchant in Crestell, they wouldn't be hunted by the mercenaries and guards of the city.

In fact quite a few of them are city patrolmen!

Sadly the merry band of thieves will soon be disbanded as their wicked crusade started to put pressure on Crestell's economy.

'This small caravan left Crestell and was on its way out of the countryside region. Taking it down shouldn't cause any problems with the bigger heads.'

The bandit leader licked his lips in anticipation. Just as he was about to raise his hand to give the signal to attack. His eyes caught sight of a small flag fluttering in the wind, it was attached to one of the carriages.

The flag was silver colour with the imprint of a black tornado!

This symbol was the mark used only by the Pseudo-Mage Sir Barrington Fuller! He was a terrifying existence who was given the moniker: [Wind Demon]!

The bandit leader shivered as cold sweat trickled down his back.  He immediately signaled for his peers to retreat.

While they were both reluctant and confused, these lackeys didn't lose themselves in greed and followed their orders immediately. It was clear that  these men were well trained!

"F@#k!" The bandit leader couldn't help but curse loudly. He had just missed certain death by only the skin of his teeth!

As he slinked away with his men. He wondered why he wasn't  notified about the impending  arrival of the 「Wind Demon」

"Could it be that fatso Bart wants to cleanly dispose of us all?"

'why is that horrible person roaming around now?'

The last time he'd seen the scary [Wind Demon] before now was back when he was but a child. So it wasn't very odd that his men didn't recognize the flag. The mage had vanished years ago and was said to be in seclusion.

'Damn it'

He knew that plotting schemes to murder people using the swords of others is nothing to a slimy merchant.

This was a terrifying thought! If the cunning and powerful merchant decided to end them, they'd surly have no chance of survival!

He always felt that working with a merchant was akin to being stuffed into a bag with snakes. You'd definitely suffer!

Meanwhile, as the man fretted for his life while fleeing, much to the confusion of his subordinates. The small caravan continued it's peaceful journey with most of its occupants blissfully unaware of the bloodshed they were about to witness.

Inside the largest carriage of the caravan, sat a figure clad in white sorcerer robes. As if he noticed the retreat of the bandit group the mysterious figure suddenly snorted in disdain.

O::.

It had been two weeks since the caravan had left Crestell. The carriages sped continuously on a broad dirt road. The wooden wheels which had been galvanised by iron, emitted continuous and detestable squeaking sounds as they spun on the rocky dirt road.