- 16 -

archie

I step out of the car my dad and I had fixed up this past summer after parking outside of the Pembrooke. I bring the snacks I had just bought from Walmart up for Veronica and I's movie night.

After making my way up the elevator and a few knocks, the door to apartment 330 pulls open to a smiling Veronica.

"Hi, baby." she says, wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing my cheek before welcoming me in.

"Hey." I respond.

"Everything okay?" she ponders as she shuts the door behind us.

"Ran into Betty and Jug. They seemed happy at least, I'm happy about that. Just miss them."

"Oh," she says before taking my hand and leading me to her room, "Did you talk to them?"

I nod, "Mhm. They were actually relatively nice."

She scoffs, "Can't say the same of my interactions."

"Well, no offence Ronnie, but you're treating them worse than I am. Actually, I gotta talk to you about that."

She sits on her bed with a look of question.

"The way you treated them that day at the caf was really wrong, Ronnie. You can't just expect Jughead to be happy for you and on top of that, give him no apology. He's a human with real feelings, and you hurt them. Really bad. Don't you see that?"

She looks down at her feet then back up, "No. I do. I'm sorry, you're right. That was stupid of me to do or to expect of him. And really rude. They have every right to hate me."

"Oh, come on, I'm sure they don't hate you." I say, taking a seat next to her.

She raises her brows and looks at me with a face saying 'really'.

"Okay, maybe they aren't the most fond of you, right now." I say with a chuckle. "But they aren't of me either. The only way to fix things is give them space and time and show them how sorry we are. And maybe keeping the PDA at school when they're around to a minimum, you know?"

"Yeah, Archiekins, you're right. But... we aren't at school right now are we?" she says with a bite of her lip. "I don't see anyone around."

She leans in to kiss me, showing me her desire. I kiss back. I felt guilty being with Veronica, but she made me happy, and we're soulmates. I couldn't deny that, I'll just restrict myself with Betty and Jughead around until they're ready.

- At The Cooper House -

jughead

"It wasn't that bad, Jug." Betty says as we sit on the floor of my new room, building the desk we had bought.

"Every time I look at him I just see betrayal Betts. I'll get over Veronica soon but it doesn't change the fact that my best friend stabbed me in the back like that."

She drops the screwdriver, leaning her head upside down to make eye contact with me, her ponytail flopping over. "Hey," I bring my head up and she follows so we can talk normally, " I told you. Everything is gonna be okay. It's your life Jug, you don't anyone anything. Not your dad, not Archie, not Veronica - when you say your ready is when you get to determine how you wanna go about things."

My chest feels tight as I stare at her. I couldn't imagine going through any of this without her. I quickly lean in to kiss her cheek, accidentally kissing a little too near the corner of her mouth.