- 5 -

Just a heads up, I want to start having some external dialouge, as in its not in a characters perspective, so if there it a "===" it means that its no characters perspective, just more of a narration :))
This chapter is dedicated to @T_Tyoyo because of her? constant support and love on this story anddd her patience waiting for an update <3
Also be sure to vote and MOST IMPORTANTLYYYYY COMMENT PLEASEEE. I love reading and responding to comments, interacting with you guys you know? And i also love seeing your responses so please please please comment whenever u please. <3

archie

"No," I push her away and step back, "Ronnie this is wrong. We already hurt them, I can't hurt them any more."

"They're just friends, those come and go, we could have so much fun together baby."

My blood boils at how lightly she's taking this. "Veronica, what type of sick game are you playing? I told you, now isn't the right time, and Betty and Jughead have never 'come and gone', they've been there for me for as long as I can remember."

"But, Archieki-" she starts.

"No 'buts', Veronica!" I yell. "This stupid mistake has lost me two of my oldest friends. You can't just make this all about you and your need for a boyfriend right now. Betty and Jughead may not be important to you, but they sure as hell are to me, far more important than a girlfriend right now. So go home."

She steps back, tears forming in her eyes. "I- I'm sorry, Archie."

"Just go." I say, turning away.

-
jughead

Betty lies asleep on my lap, the only sound surrounding us was her subtle snore and the quiet noise from the movie we were watching - Sherlock Holmes. We watched as she rested her head on my shoulder, a small sniffle still sounding as she has cried for a half hour before hand, but soon enough she was sound asleep, cuddling into my lap.

I carefully lift her head, slipping out from under her and laying a pillow in my place, covering her body with the nearby throw blanket. I head to the kitchen and put some coffee to brew - I could use a coffee for the raging headache I had from todays events.

The quiet was eerie, but also calming. Her shallow breathing played in rhythm with the brewing drink. I take off my hat, leaning on the kitchen island in front of me, resting my face in my hands.

"Godddd", I moan, my head hurt like a bitch and it was a constant reminder of what I'd lost. Who I'd lost.

I look at her, at least I still had her. I smile. Thank god I had her.

"Jug?" the girl says, a rasp to her tired voice.

"Mornin', Betts. How'd you sleep?"

"Not well, my head's pounding like I downed 6 bottles of alcohol." she says, holding herself up with an arm on the couch. "But it made me feel better, I guess."

"Well I got some coffee brewing, my heads in the same painful, distressful state as yours." I chuckle.

"Thanks." she smiles.

5 minutes later, I bring our coffees to the couch, handing Betty hers.

"Thank you, Jug," she grins taking it from my hand as she sits up straight.

"2 creams, 2 sugars, just how you like it."

She looks at me and looks back at her coffee, "You always do remember the small things."

A short pause and a sip later. "Archie never remembered," she scoffs with a blunt laugh, "hell, he didn't even remember our anniversary."

She shakes her head, taking another sip. I rub her back in an effort to bring her comfort.

"Then why am I so upset, Jug?" She looks at me, her eyes glossy with tears, "Why? He never cared the way he should've. I broke up with him, why does this still hurt so bad?"

I take her free hand in mine, my curl falling onto my face as I turn towards her. "Betty, you were with him for 3 years, that's a huge part of your life. He's the only man you've loved in that way, and he, unfortunately, got over it very quick. That's why it hurts. He doesn't see what he lost, Betts, you deserve so much better."

A tear streams down her face, as well as mine. I wipe hers away, "Please don't cry. We're here for each other, we'll get through this and come out stronger. And eventually, we'll find the ones were meant to be with."

She nods, letting 2 more tears fall and wiping my eyes. "You know," she says, her gaze shifting as she places her half-done coffee on the table in front of us, "It was an 'F'".

"Huh?"

"The first letter of my soulmark? An 'F'. I don't even know someones whose name starts with F." she huffs, I assume upset that Archie had found his mere moments after they split.

"Oh. That's okay though, Betty. A soulmate is a soulmate. You find them, one way or another, you do."

== The two teens hadn't even considered that, maybe, just maybe, "Forsythe" was the name ==