The last step needed

You sat on your knees and buried your face in your hands. "Why does it have to be like this?"

You heard rustling and knew he was standing behind you. "Hey...you need to start speaking now you aren't acting like yourself."

You hugged yourself and spoke, "I can't explain it to you, I don't know the ramifications if I do." He growled again and grabbed your arm, twisting you around.

"Ow!"

"Don't bullshit me, what could you possibly be-" he let go at the anger showing through your features. He dropped to your level and enveloped you in an embrace. "I'm sorry."

He was...sorry?

Silence gripped at your throat, his tone was so gentle and nice. His scent was kinda nice too. "We need to stop agruing."

God forbid a smile graced your lips, "I don't think that's ever possible between us."

Inuyasha almost smiled too until you began to sob. "She was right...all along and I just didn't want to admit it."

"Kagome?"

You cupped his face in your hands, "I'm not Kagome."

"What are you talking about?"

Finally you said what had been plaguing you all along, "I love you Inuyasha." His eyes widened, then a bright light began to shine around you.

Like the first time you saw your soul physically leave Kagome's body. Another light shone brightly not too far away, his expression was filled with fear. "Kagome?!"

But then a scent hit his nose of which was firmilair, belonging to a person he used to despise. "(Y/n)?"

<>

You were finally back in your body, you touched every part of yourself. Examining just to make sure, "yes I'm finally me again!"

But then you paled, "I..I told Inuyasha." You grabbed tuffs of your hair and began to reprimand yourself for saying that.

A pair of bare feet came into your sight, you didn't care look up as he spoke in such a serious, kind tone.

"(Y/n) you love me."

<>

Kagome laughed as she was so happy to be herself again that she didn't realise Inuyasha giving her a confused look.

"Yes! Yes! Ye- oh...Inuyasha you're here."

"Yes..I am."

She rubbed the nape of her neck, "your probably wondering what happened right."

He nodded. "Well now you are certainly acting as normal."

The school girl sighed, "me and (Y/n) switched bodies in the cave because of a stone."

He appeared dumbfounded. "So ever since then it's been (Y/n) in your body?"

"Mhm."

He placed a palm to his face, "all this time it was her...she seemed so...close."

"Inuyasha?" Kagome titled her head.

"I have to go to (Y/n)."

<>
(Using a part from the oneshots)

Inuyasha waited for you to speak but no sound came out. You refused to look at his face. He kneeled down, "am I correct, you love me (Y/n)."

A tear slid down your cheek, you simply nodded. His face softened, "(Y/n) please speak to me."

You uttered only a few words, "I don't want to love you." A look of hurt flashed across his face of which you didn't see.

"Kagome told me you switched bodies from the stone."

"Thats right, when we were in the cave a rock started to glow when we were agruing. Then we were in each others bodies and until we understood each other we wouldn't change back."

He pushed back a strand of you hair that was loose. He kept his hand there and brushed his fingers through your (h/c) locks.

You continued to stare at the earth, "please look at me."

You shook your head, lips wobbling as you fought the urge to bawl. He placed his mouth on your forehead.

You scrambled backwards, still not meeting his gaze. "(Y/n) look. At. Me. Please."

He got angry with you and crawled towards you. Without any detection he managed to tower over you. Forcing you to lay on the ground as his body stood above you like a dog.

Which you found a tad funny since he kinda was one. "There now your looking at me."

You spoke, "why are you doing this? You love Kagome not me."

He bit his bottom lip, "I don't really know I guess you've just sparked my interest."

"What your going to treat this like a game? Am I to become part of your harem?!"

"W-what no!"

"Pfft yeah right."

"Someone has their spunk back."

"No I just don't want to fall victim to these stupid feelings! Because of that stupid rock!"

He glared at you, "you know what (Y/n) I'm going to help those stupid feelings win your battle!"

You arched a brow, "win my- MMPH!"

He connected his mouth to yours, savoring how soft you tasted. You banged at his shoulders, not really enjoying this. Hating the 1% of you that was.

He departed the kiss with a deep breath, "round 1 has just begun."