Getting nowhere

You heard the birds in the morning sing nice sweet tunes. You had serious bed hair, Kagome, Miroku, Sango and Shippo were still snoozing. Inuyasha wasn't in the corner like usual. You put your head in the pillow and groaned.

So he'd taken note of how you got up early some mornings to clear your mind. Should you still go for a walk then? Why was he so insistent on talking to you? There was no chemistry between you two and you did not want to give into this attraction towards him.

You got up looking quite disheveled and thought avoiding him was impossible. When you poked your head out the of the hut you saw him sitting on the grass. Sun just crossing the horizon, butterflies hovering above and around him. You had butterflies of your own fluttering around your stomach.

You swallowed your pride, his eyes going towards you as you now stood over him. "Why are you up so early?"

"It's the only time I can really be alone with you."

He didn't beat around the bush, "well just because you get up at the same time as me does not mean we'll talk."

He sighed, "I know but I don't want to walk on eggshells around each other." He pat the grass beside him, you grimaced beginning to back away. He noticed you trying to make a getaway, he grabbed your arm and pulled you down.

Your head ended up in his lap, hair sprawled across his crossed legs. A blush dusted your nose and cheeks this time your redness was in plain veiw. He smiled, but it wasn't cocky or flirtatious it was...sweet just a simple one filled with genuine happiness.

You made no effort to remove yourself as your heart thundered in your chest. You were content with the position as he stared down at you, not losing his smile.

"Um...Inuyasha I..."

His amber eyes gazed right into your (e/c) pupils. You felt your chest tighten, "why are you chasing after me?"

He strached his ear, "I don't know myself. While the whole time I did think you were Kagome I just noticed when you weren't acting like yourself since Kagome was you. I became fixated on every action you took but I thought you'd rubbed off on Kagome. I don't know (Y/n) it's really hard to explain."

He made to touch your (h/c) locks but hesitated, you took his hand in your own, feeling the rough callouses along his skin. He intertwined his fingers through yours, you'd be making a scene about now. You did understand where he was coming from. Your love for him was still growing you weren't massively head over heels for him.

Attraction took time and work, his feelings somehow appeared while you were in Kagome's body. But what had drawn him to you while you were in the school girl's body?

The word you two were looking for was spark. You did indeed have no chemistry as you were both stubborn but your souls had spoke to each other and you were in close proximity with him everyday. And you weren't hurling insults his way so of course he'd notice. It was because Kagome wasn't you, when he thought he was becoming more infatuated with Kagome it was actually your soul he was falling for.

Your personality still shone through the barrier of the spell. Your hand was still holding his hand, but you let go when the sun had come up more and the others would wake soon. "Inuyasha while I may I have feelings for you I can't be with you. We are too different and I just...don't want to be committed to anybody it was never in my plans."

Inuyasha enveloped you in an embrace, "I know my feelings came out of nowhere but they are true."

You pried his fingers from around your waist. "I planned my whole life to be alone and that's what I'll do. Be with Kagome after all you both like each other."

His brow furrowed, "we both like each other too."

"Here's the difference Inuyasha I like one person you are in a complicated situation I want to remain out of."

His face took a look of realization when you said that. "You're scared. You want to stay far away from this as possible because you think you'll get hurt."

"Because I will!"

Why? Why did you always have to agrue?

You gripped your chest as it hurt for some reason. "We don't work. Accept it." You said as you walked off further down the trail.

He growled, scrunching the dirt beneath him. "No I won't because you aren't giving this...us a chance."