A fool to rush in

A breeze swept leaves your way, you sighed as you disturbed the reflection on the puddle. You leaned against a tree, breathing in the crispy morning air. Mornings were a blessing because you at least had some peace and quiet to yourself.

Even Inuyasha didn't wake when you got up to collect your thoughts. He'd been keeping his opinions to himself about you, there had been less fights since Kagome was in your body. But the problem was once everything returned to normal you wouldn't know what it was like to be treated nicely in your own skin.

You'd need to do this every morning just to keep yourself sane from being cooped up in a body you weren't born with. Now all of them were waking up, you raised yourself and ventured over to them.

Inuyasha placed a hand on the school girls shoulder and seemed to be asking to talk alone. Kagome had to dodge doing that as she held none of your memeories or feelings so it would seem suspicious. He walked over to you instead, waving goodbye to who he thought was you.

"You're being nice to um...(Y/n)."

He folded his arms into the sleeves of his robe, "I think of we have more days like the when we went swimming we could get along. She still pisses me off sometimes but it's progress."

You smiled at his comment but froze when he said. "Though it's weird she's not calling me names or hurling comebacks at me, she would have scoffed at the idea of us getting along. She's not herself in a way, but you seem to be taking up a bit of her personality Kagome."

You fiddled with the sleeves of your clothes, "maybe we're just rubbing off on each other because we're getting along!" You cursed at your tone as he raised a brow, the sun really enhanced his features which made him look even hotter.

Your eyes widened at the thoughts rushing through you mind. You slapped your cheeks to compose yourself. It worked.

Inuyasha was taken aback by it, "Kagome?"

Miroku came up behind him and leaned against his shoulder. "What are you two lovebirds doing?"

You blushed at the statement, seeing Inuyasha did too but immdiealty shot it down. While he was denying and agruing with the teasing monk you needed your peace and quiet again.

Having to actually interact with everyone more than a minute of everyday drained your energy.

You groaned when Inuyasha trudged up to interrupt you. He furrowed his brow, " it sounds like you want to be alone."

"Was it not obvious?" You clamped a hand over your mouth as that was a very you thing to say. He approached while you again cursed at yourself in you head. Out of nowhere he dropped himself onto you and buried his head into your chest.

Now anybody could tell you were flustered as you went bright pink. "What are you doing?! Get off!"

He didn't but instead slid his arms around your waist. Your heart thundered in your chest. "Hey are you mad at me?"

You stopped trying to get him off and stared at his ears as you couldn't see his face. "No what makes you think I'm mad?"

"Well you avoid eye contact with me and you don't speak much to me. It's been like that for a while now, I just want to know...have I done something wrong?"

Your face softened and you let yourself be vulnerable. Putting your hands on him, "You would know since I'd say si-"

"Don't actually say it!"

"Oh right sorry." You chuckled a little, he dug his nails in. "Well like I was saying you would know and if you don't then I guess you're just dense."

You pat his head, he closed his eyes at your touch, "that feels nice...keep doing it."

Your cheeks were only tinted pink a tad, you weaved your fingers through his hair as he hummed his satisfaction. "Your heart was beating like crazy before now it's gone back to a steady beat."

"So you did hear that."

"I am a demon remember?"

Another soft chuckle left your lips, "I do." You were able to let your own personality mix in with this moment, you promised yourself you wouldn't be alone with him but...you yearned to be.

You forgot you were Kagome and it felt like he was talking directly to you. You placed you chin on his head and heard the soft breathing coming from Inuyasha. "You fell asleep after all, you can be sweet. Guess Kagome was right after all."

You stayed like that until he woke up and had strands of hair sticking about. "How long was I asleep?"

"Just for 3 hours."

He removed himself from on top of you which caused you to be sad. "Kagome do you think (Y/n) would be willing to have a one on one conversation with me?"

Then you were brought from the moment and the memory of the situation resurfaced. "Oh maybe."

How could you let him do that? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! This was only temporary, so why did it hurt you? Isn't that what you wanted?