To know her pain

You kicked a stone as the real Kagome paced around the hut and everyone seemd to be staring at you. Except Inuyasha because he had been gone since last night. "Why are you all looking at me?"

Shippo spoke up first, "aren't you mad Inuyasha is alone with Kikyo again?"

Sango and Miroku nodded in agreement. Then it hit you why Kagome was pacing around the room, "(Y/n) stop pacing!"

She stopped but looked about ready to explode. "Why would I be mad?"

They all looked at you confused, you begun to sweat. It was one of those things where you were completely left out of the loop, you knew who Kikyo was and the history between him and the priestess but you never understood Kagome was mad.

Kikyo and Inuyasha hated each other! At least that's what you'd summed up from what'd you heard more than seen. Shippo exploded and jumped about, "aren't you going to go after him Kagome?! Aren't you furious?!"

You stood up and decided to listen to them which you didn't realize was the worst idea to have. "I'm going to find Inuyasha."

Sango gave you a sad look, the real Kagome was about to tell you no but you were already off. You followed your gut as you were guided by mere intuition.

That's when the priestess soul collectors flew overhead. You ran after them as they carried the souls of the dead to Kikyo.

You looked around and stopped short as they were in a small clearing of pine tree's. You stood in the open completely gobsmacked at him holding the dead women in a tight embrace. She seemed to be debating whether to hug him back or not.

When she finally decided to wrap her arms around him too. You felt your heart break in two, so he was running after two women. This was the hurt Kagome suffered when he ran to Kikyo. Now you were hurting, hating that you now liked him and were facing this heartbreak. A damn harem is what this was and you would not fall into this cycle the two women were already in.

He didn't even have feelings for you and he never would, you knew that to be a good thing. So why did it ache when the thoughts flooded in? When that very idea was what you wished to be impossible.

You clutched your top where your heart was located. Tears begun to spill, it dawned on you the reality of the situation. You'd fallen in love with Inuyasha but you could never admit it to yourself out loud.

Kikyo noticed you crying and standing in plain veiw. "We are not alone."

The priestess had no problem detecting that the school girls soul was not in the right body. "I must go Inuyasha." His expression was sad as he could not stop her leaving.

He finally, finally realized you stood there but his brain thought Kagome. Damn the stone! Damn this trick!

"K-Kagome?" He started to come towards you but you turned away as a thousand knives plunged into your chest at this treachery, at this sick game and the words you hated to remember right now.

Maybe if you got to know him better you'd like him! Hell maybe you'd even catch feelings for him like me, not that I'd want that..."

You scoffed, "hah! Love him? You must be crazy I don't want to have to deal with his temper and his stupidity plus your jealous ass!"

You were suddenly wishing you were dead, left in the rubble. "Kagome!"

You rounded on him, anger surging throughout your veins. Making you forget to keep yourself locked away while you were in Kagome's body.

"Stay the hell away from me! Don't touch me, don't talk to me! I should have stayed hating you with every bit of my being!"

He flinched at your words, "stayed...hating me?"

Shit!

You screamed and ran off, leaving Inuyasha more confused than ever. "Did Kagome hate me before we travelled together?"

Whilst you were running all the progress you'd made disappeared in that moment as the walls were put back up. At least only for the man who was making your heart shatter.