Icy

It was chilly all around you, complete and utter darkness except you weren't dreaming or asleep. The only visible thing was small particles of snow, you were numb from your toes to your head.

You could feel nothing, even your heart had slowed to a minor beat per second. So why did you feel trapped? Unable to move but not scared?

Was it because of whatever surrounded your body. This...snow you could see but nothing else.

You blinked, feeling drowsy. You could go to sleep with the space you were within, as only snow exsisted, everything else....gone.

You felt yourself breathe as it crystallized in the air above you. Very restricted air, might you add. So you couldn't move, speak, breath properly. Was this death awaiting you? Maybe in the end all those people were a lie, getting treated bad, switching bodies because of a rock then getting treated better.

How ridiculous of a situation was that. You were crushed by falling debris and it happened to be snowing,  snow...why was there snow?

Who were you? Where were you? Why was it so cold?

You made out distant movements, rumbling, shuffling....

You didn't feel nor register Inuyasha scooping you up in his arms very gently. His own body shivering, bits of frost on his face. He tucked a strand of your (h/c) hair behind your ear.

"Hey...(Y/n) I'm here, you can open your eyes now."

No response, you were like winter incarnate right now. "I said I'm here, let's talk this out. I know you said you were done with this conversation but...I'm not so open your eyes."

You lay still inside the beast, enveloped in his freezing embrace. You had no thoughts of your own, beginning to become the empty husk that ended in death.

"I wanna get you back to the f-f-fire t-to warm us up. But y-you gotta move."

Tears streamed down his cheeks one by one only to turn into ice shards. "P-please...(Y/n)." He put his forehead against yours.

"Aren't I a c-crazy mutt for coming t-to your rescue?" He tried to joke to awaken you.

"Tell me I am." He whispered in a hushed tone. He began to sniffle as more tears poured like rain from his eyes. Dropping somewhere in the snowy darkness.

<>

The beast collected more snow to make itself bigger as it roared it's victory. The shadow creature gave an unnatural grin, "who knew a small parasite like you could cause this much suffering over time."

The shadow creature used it's misty appendage to gesture for the beast to follow him. They had humans to kill while the two of you were being used as it's fuel to live. It left indents of its paw in the ground as it stomped along after it's friend/master.

Hungry for more victims to succumb to the blizzard it brought with it. It's existence meant to be a hell to those alive.

The shadow creature kept its unnatural grin. "But you two will be dead so it won't matter in the long run."

<>

He begged in his mind for you to wake up, to push him away and be angry. Let this all be over as you returned to your usual self and not this lifeless shell.

His jaw felt like it was sewed shut, barley able to feel his feet let alone the bones and muscles in them. Was the trick to warm you up? He held you closer, words no longer something he could form.

If he died, he'd die with you and not alone, you wouldn't be alone. But his....friends?