Break free

The snow beast trot after the mist demon as Inuyasha held you inside its chest. His thumb slowly brushed against your cold bottom lip. His own skin colour reflecting the blue tone yours had taken.

He thought if he was going to die, why not be an asshole and steal one last kiss. So he leaned in, struggling to do so as he was almost frozen. His lips very briefly touching yours as he gently pressed them closer.

It was like magic coursing through his veins, though you were on the brink of death you both felt a zap. The kiss meant so many words, so many feelings he wanted to express to you. This was not special by any means, he just finally realized if he didn't grasp the chance than his spirit would forever be hollow.

But as he drew away from your freezing mouth. You were able to crack your lids open a fraction. He stared at you, unable to speak.

But you connected your lips to his this time, a sweet sense of passion coursing within you as you learnt to accept what you'd denied your heart for so long.

That's when something like a gush of warm air blew life into both of you. Your radiant smile gracing your features as you intertwined his fingers through yours.

Inuyasha had a grin of his own as he jumped with you in tow out of the snow beast's body. Without any life force or a host to keep it going it fell to pieces.

"Glad to know dying is what it took for you to kiss me." Inuyasha said smugly.

You blushed, "oh shut up you have an enemy to defeat."

He cracked his knuckles, "this'll be easy all it takes is a bit of wind to evaporate it's form."

You could sense fear in its voice as it spoke. "No you can't!"

"I think you'll find I can, you tried to kill the most important person to me." He reached for his sword and summoned the wind scar, your heart thumped wildy.

With a gurgling scream it became a mere wisp of what it originally was. Inuyasha sheathed his sword, striding over to you. Without any warning slipped his arm around your waist and had a short makeout session with you.

You gripped his shoulders and found yourself falling prey to his addictive lips. It was only when his fang clipped your gum you pulled away.

"Ouch!" You touched where his fang had scraped, the bit of flesh bleeding a tad. "I guess I need to be more careful when kissing you."

Inuyasha laughed nervously before turning serious. "So does this mean we are together?"

"No stupid I only kissed you for the hell of it, of course it does!" You flicked his forehead, he rubbed the sore spot and pouted. "I guess you won't be any less mean to me."

"Awww poor Inuyasha."

He poked his tongue out at you, "honestly it's a huge turn on."

You felt your skin heat up and glared at him. "It really sucks I can't say sit boy. Let's go to the others they're probably worried."

He sighed, you would still he uncomfortable about some things so he'd need to be a little more sensitive about it. But the fact that you were the same but different meant you'd found happiness at last, with a couple more hurdles to jump.

Note: This is not the last chapter.