Chapter 1

I S A B E L L A.

"Dante! I'm off to work, phone me if anything comes up" I shout to my brother as I put my phone into my handbag and walk down the stairs. As I'm about to get my cars keys I feel a hand on my shoulder and I sigh.

"Bella, why do you even need to work? We have enough money to get you what ever you want Principessa" Dante says. (Principessa - Princess)

"Fratello, you know I love to be independent and I don't like to relay on papá money" I say sincerely to my oldest brother. (Papá - Father)

"I know tesoro" he sighs "Okay fine but please be safe you know papá has alot of enemies" (Tesoro - Darling)

"Yes fratello, I'm always careful and safe" I say and reach out to give him a hug. (Fratello - Brother)

"Ti amo sorellina" (I love you little sister)

"Ti amo grande fratello" I said to my brother, but our moment didn't last long.(I love you big brother)

"Hey! We want hugs too!" My other older brothers, Rafael and Julián shout from the top of the staircase. I pulled away from Dante and chuckled lightly as my brothers dashed down the stairs and soon gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Ti vogliamo bene anche sorellina" Julián said in our native language,which you might have notice is Italian. (We also love you little sister)

"Aww, I love you guys too. Now can I please go to work before I'm late" I said with a raised eyebrow.They all pouted excluding Dante of course and mumbled a quick "yes" before giving me a quick peck on my cheek.

One thing about my family is that we are not a normal family, my parents or I should say more specificly my dad don't have a normal job as to other peoples fathers. My dad is a Mafia leader, but not any Mafia leader. There's different families of Mafia's around the world but our Mafia is second most well known, I'm not ashamed of my family because to be honest i was born and brought up into this Italian Mafia my father leads so I've grown used to it.

One thing about my papá is that he cares for his family but his very cunning but if the day had to come he would for sure sell his own children for wealth and power. That was the reason why i refuse to use my father's money but if it was for an emergency I had no choice but to use it.

In my family there's only my papá, my mamma, my three fratelli maggiori and lastly me. My family is not as close as we once were when i was small, after my aunt Catherine's death my family drifted apart. I was also distance from my family as well when my Zia died because she was more of a mother to me than my own mother. (Fratelli Maggiori - Older Brothers / Zia - Aunt)

My Brothers helped raised me because my mamma or papá could have cared less about us

I walked out the door with my head held high as i allowed the breeze to ruffle my hair and my body guard Raymond nodded his head in respect as he held the door to the drivers side of my BMW and swiftly closed it, once I got in.

I glanced at the door and noticed my brother's were still standing there and watching me with love in their emerald eyes that matched my very own, I smiled at them and waved as I pulled out of our massive drive way of The D'Amelio Manor.

It was a half an hour drive to the restaurant that i worked at and i sighed as i stopped to follow the regular morning traffic. I allowed my mind to travel to one of the pages in my aunt's journal, the only thing I have left of her after my father brutally burned every one of her other belongings not long after her death.

T H E J O U R N A L E N T R Y...

December 25th 2012

I watched as my Bella happily made her way down the grand staircase with a smile so bright it seem to out shime the Chandler that lit the hallway. I watched as my sister turned head around as she glanced at Isabella strolling her way towards us in her Candy Cane pyjamas.

Similing she ran straight for the massive tree in the living room and i followed shortly behind her. She sat besides the gifts and looked at me with her bright emerald eyes that was shining with happiness as her brothers came flying down into the room and plopping themselves down besides her each giving their only little sister a sweet kiss on her rosey cheek.

As I watched the scene my heart swelled but immediately fell when I thought about what Maria disclosed to me earlier but i quickly shook the thoughts from my head as my gaze met my bella's joyous ones and immediately a smile replaced the frown on my face. I've always love my little girl since the day she was born and I promised I'd always protect her no matter what. This maybe my last Chrimsas with my princess and I was going to made it memorable.

I was snapped out of my reverie when bella handed me a rather oddly wrapped gift that had the words "TO MY ZIA FROM BELLA" written in her shaky hand writing and I smiled as i kissed her cheek and opened it to find a hand crafted bracelet made from colourful macaroni spelling out I love you aunt.

Tears prickled my eyes as i leaned back down to her height and kissed her again...

God please protect my cara principessa Bella. Let no harm fall upon her. (Cara Principessa - Darling Princess)
In your holy name I pray.

Amen.

I was snapped out of my train of thoughts when a hooter honked behind me and i quickly apologised as i carried on driving to work with tears pickling in my eyes and as sad smile on my face.

But nothing could have prepared me for the sight of the gorgeous man that was standing at one of the tables in the restaurant, As I walked in his gaze found mine, his suit was immaculate and his dark brown eyes was staring at me like he could see through my soul. I suddenly felt self conscious and uneasy at his stares so I shook my head lightly breaking his intense gaze and continued walking to the staff only section of the resataurant.

I put my bag into my locker and prayed that I don't go near him for today as i looked at the rooster and turns out I'm supposed to wait at the table where I saw that greek god of a man was seated at. Great, god really loves me.

It was going to be a interesting day.

...

A/N: So hope enjoyed the chapters so far and thank you for reading them, stay tuned for more coming real soon >.<

Don't forget to vote, comment and share ❤