Chapter 6

I S A B E L L A.

"Hey there darling, are you okay?" she looked frightened at my sudden appearance

When she didn't answer me, I remained silent and took a seat next to her and focused my gaze on the stars above us once again.

I heard her soft whimpers and sobs, it made my heart break for the little girl. 

What could have hurt her so much?

I open my arms out invitingly and smile comfortingly at her.

"Would you like a hug?" I asked and she stiffened for a moment, accepting my rejection and i was about to withdraw when she threw herself into my arms and sobbed into my shoulder. I felt a instant connection to her and she seemed to raise my motherly instincts.

She sobbed for a good few minutes longer before she stopped and simply relaxed into my embrace.

"Sweetheart, what's your name?" I ask and I run my fingers through her hair

"R-Rosalie" she stutters as she says.

I hold her at arms length and use my thumbs to dry her tears.

"My name is Isabella." I says and she smiles

"Can I call you Bella?" She sniffles and ask.

"Of course you can, cara" I say and put my hand on her cheek. ( cara - dear )

"I like your eyes" she says and I smile down at her

"Thank you" I reply and tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She focused her gaze on the stars again and points up

"Tiggo says my mom is up there, and that if I talk up to the stars she will answer and talk back every time they twinkle"she says and I feel a fresh set of tears brim my eyes.

"Oh sweetheart" I sat as I wrap her in my arms not so much for her own comfort but for mine too

"Your mom would have been proud of you no matter what don't forget that okay" I say as I remember my aunt, I felt my heart tug.

We sat in a sad silence as each of us remember a lost loved one when suddenly a twig snaps in the distance

"Ivy, Principessa where are you?" A familiar voice called out. ( Principessa - Princess )

Rosalie springs from my arms and her smiles beams.

"TIGGO!!!" she yells as she runs into his awaiting arms. I stand up and smooth out my dress and look up just in time to meet his eyes.

He gaze leaves mine as he crouched down to Rosalie's high.

"Ivy what are you doing out here this late?" he says as he tugs a lose strand of hair behind her ear.